PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
This is my first thread to open on pipesmagazine's forum. This topic isn't intended to make you think hard, educate, or have you jump onto google to look up some obscure reference. It is just to point out that Carver has been killing it lately with sharing the wealth (in this case wealth=tobacco). He's a really generous fellow who has started some dialog between us random pipe smokers floating around in China, and has created a small (microscopic) community online for us to communicate.
Thank you Carver. Now I just have to decide which one of these I'm going to smoke first!

has started some dialog between us random pipe smokers floating around in China, and has created a small (microscopic) community online for us to communicate.

That's awesome! Meeting up with folks from here are the highlights of my pipe memories. Maybe you guys can meet up and post some pics for us. I'd love to know some of the subtle details about being a pipe smoker in China. Where do you buys tobaccos? Do you make online orders, and what is the mail like there? Pictures of you guys smoking in exotic locations, like even the street would be interesting. How do the locals react, etc etc...

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
do they have any kind of pipe tobacco in china? and what kind of tobacco do people smoke most often over there, it is very cool that you can meet with a fellow pipe smoker.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Good to hear. This forum is known for generosity. Like Cosmic, I'd love some pictures, and some insight into the pipe situation in China. But most of all, I'd love to know how all you expats wind up in China!

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I guess when your in a far away land you find others with common interest and a bond forms, good to hear about your brotherhood

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
What tobaccos, pipes, people, and places do seem kind of interesting. I'll start another thread when I get a chance with pictures about pipesmoking in China. I'll just keep adding to it whenever there is some good pictures to share. Of course, other members who are in China for any period of time can post pictures in it too.
Honestly, its kind of hard to realize that "other" people have questions about the environment you live in. You soak it in everyday, and pass it off as something normal and/or boring. My wife has griwn up and lived around mountains her whole live. When I took her with me back to boring old Illinois to see family and friends, she was so fascinated by how beautifully flat it is by us.
But back to the original post. Carver is a cool dude, and enjoys sharing his tobacco with us! Thank you @carver.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
This is T ruely a great great bunch. And sometimes they can get serious. Not often thou. Y'all have a great Saturday.;-)

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I just think that sharing is cool, we can get input from other people. It also allows for more discoveries as people will sometimes reciprocate and hence one gets to try new things. The "Chinese community" is a very very very big for a very very very small reality. Bring on the new thread, I have a few pic that I can't wait to get rid of...

Status
Not open for further replies.