PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There's an advertisement on TV for a discount hotel booking app. The ad features a particularly charming owl puppet dressed in a hotel terrycloth bathrobe. My wife commented on how well the little bathrobe fits the owl. And my response was: "One size fits owl."
Sorry about that. I usually don't pun.

May 4, 2015
a740d91c0f93eb7f21adcaf0f2b95d67981c76246de847d1d783474377fc89d6.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'm gonna knock on your door, ring on your bell

Tap on your window too

If you don't come out tonight when the moon bright

I'm gonna knock and ring and tap until you do
I'm gonna knock on your door, call out your name

Wake up the town, you'll see

I'm gonna hoot and howl like a lovesick owl

Until you say you're gonna come out with me
An oldy which I hope doesn't ruffle any feathers....

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
A marine biologist goes to see the vet who treats his exhibits and says,

"Doc, I can't seem to keep my porpoises alive. Two days after they get delivered off the fishing boat they die. What can I do?"

The Doc thinks for a moment and then gives the man a business card, telling him,

"You need to see an Alchemist. They are into turning sea water to gold, potions to keep you alive, among other things."

"Gee, thanks Doc." He immediately goes to see the Alchemist, one Vinnie Boombah, who listens to his plight and then says,

"I can give your porpoise immortality. Just follow these directions and recipe, feed it to your porpoises, and they will live forever.?

"Gee, that's wonderful, doc. I can't wait to give it a try." As he leaves he looks at the instructions. It mentions infusing the blood of a Myna Bird. Now where would he get a Myna Bird. It dawned on him that one would be found at the state zoo. They have a bird house where the birds can fly around uncaged.

He puts on his hat and overcoat, figuring he can stuff the bird into one or the other. Then he heads to the zoo. He gets to the zoo and looks at the map. He has to go past the elephant cage, then the lion's den, and the bird house will be right there. He passes by the elephant cage with no problems. As he passes the lion cage the sleeping lion wakes up and roars at his sight. He will have to think about how to avoid that. He looks around and sees a path that goes over the den along the rocks and ledge. That will be how he leaves.

He makes it into the bird house and looks around. Of all things to happen, a big, black Myna Bird lands right on his hat. He reaches up and grabs it. It squawks, but he stuffs it under his coat. In the darkness the bird goes to sleep.

On his way out he looks for the path above the lion den. He heads out and over. He is almost all the way past when the lion wakes up again and roars up a storm. He races towards the exit gate, but there he is taken down and handcuffed.

He was read his rights and arrested for....

Transporting a Myna over the State Lion for Immortal Porpoises.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
(badum-ching) :clap:
A friend of mine tried to annoy me with bird puns, but I soon realized that toucan play at that game.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Great clip mayfair.
I will tell you 3 things. Only the second one pertains to this thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6gIxpfBJ8

Status
Not open for further replies.