PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

klause

This is a complete change of direction for me. I saw it and it was like I'd been struck by a lightening bolt. It's beautiful.
57-2-1024x682.jpg

57-1024x682.jpg

57-8-1024x682.jpg

57-7-1024x682.jpg

57-6-1024x682.jpg

57-5-1024x682.jpg

57-4-1024x682.jpg

57-3-1024x682.jpg

Now I wait for the postman.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Very nice indeed. Love the blast, the contrast and the light detail on the shank. Congrats.
Cheers,
J

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Klaus with a new pipe? Hard to believe, but that is very, very attractive. It's a good one to change direction on!

K

klause

Thanks for the comments, gents.
Elfpfeife, it does look new, doesn't it? But, it's an estate - an extremely well treated, and lightly smoked one, though.
It's a fairly large pipe at 5.75 inches in length with a bowl height of 2.10 inches and an internal bowl diameter of 0.8 - should give a long smoke and plenty of thinking time.
Did a bit of searching, and what I've read only makes this pipe more appealing to me:
Interesting article about Tim Hynick.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Nice pipe.
My Dad taught me to always follow the thunderbolt. I'm teaching my son to do the opposite lol.

K

klause

Thanks for the comments, gentlemen - much appreciated.
This pipe arrived this morning, and is even better in person - and was ready to smoke, arriving in pristine condition. So, I was obliged to open a fresh tin of ODF and head to the greenhouse. I won't give you a blow for blow account of my 2 hrs in heaven, suffice to say that this is a superb pipe.
It fits beautifully in the hand, has a gorgeous open draw and a sublimely comfortable stem and button. The finish is wonderful, and the drilling is possibly the best I have ever come across. It smoked dry and smooth, allowing me to concentrate on the flavours of the Toby, while watching chickens being blown round the garden by the howling winds. I absolutely love this pipe and have already decided this is going to be a regular smoker - this pipe really suits me, as my gran would say, 'to a T!'
I haven't seen many of Tim's pipes, and I've done plenty of searching, so I guess they are kind of hard to come by - but, if you do managed to get the opportunity to acquire one, I would heartily recommend that you do, or, if you're not keen, point me in its direction, please.
My Hynick, I tip my cap to you - you made a wonderful pipe, that I know is going to accompany me on many a reverie - Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.