PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
I look on pipestud.com a few times a week wishing I could catch some great aged tobacco that I guess you guys always snag before I get there. We'll finally last week I hit it just right and there was a load of newly listed tins that were not SOLD OUT. I placed my order with Steve then realized a few minutes later I made a mistake. I thought, oh great I know these guys have to hate when this happens. Steve responded quickly and was great to deal with. He fixed my order and had my shipping code ready. But that wasn't my only screw up, next I noticed I had not changed our address on PayPal from when we moved. I thought, great, my wonderfully aged treasure was headed to another state. So I contacted Steve (again) and once again he happy to fix the issue and I received my goody box in short order. All this to say I will definitely be heading back to pipestud.com hoping to snack more gold in the future. Thanks Steve for excellent service and a great attitude. I cannot recommend him enough.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
He is great at responding quickly. I just wish I was great at getting something added to the cart before everyone else does.

I really wanted that G.L. Pease Shelobs lair NASPC tobacco from 2006 he had last week grrr.. I tried many times but have never been quick enough. To Steve's credit, he always consoles me and keeps my spirits up with personal emails.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Thanks for the kind words, uperepik and the rest of you gentlemen. Much appreciated.
But seriously, uperepik, your little hiccups are nothing compared to some of the more "challenging" sales I have made over the years. My favorite story (nightmare), occurred a couple of years ago. A man in Tailand purchased over $2,000 worth of tobacco and I shipped to his PayPal payment address for goods (Bangkok). Once he saw the shipping receipt he informed me that he had moved to Shanghai, China and had forgotten to change his shipping address. I had all kinds of fun trying to track the package and conversing with the Bangkok postal service to have the package shipped back to me. Multiple conversations over a 3-week period with both the frantic buyer (who used a translator service to converse with me), and the Tai postal service, which did have somewhat English speaking employees that they would pass me to, they located the package and for a rather hefty return shipping fee, got the package back to me. The box looked similar to a deflated football but by some miracle, almost all of the tins were okay (God bless packing peanuts). I re-packed the box and sent it to the buyer (after triple confirming his new address), and all was well. His aged tobacco purchases had aged even further (by almost two months), so, I hope he was happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.