PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick64

Lurker
Apr 29, 2013
I have repeatedly tried to upload a photo of myself to My Profile, but no matter how small I make it, it still comes out on Thumbnail Preview as only my nose! Does anyone have any suggestions how to upload a profile pic?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hi! And welcome to the PM forums. If you pay the full subscription price,

the member logon will initiate the un-crippled version of the software.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Cortez is teasing you. There are two ways you can go with this.

1. Upload picture to a picture hosting site and resize to the proper dimensions there.

2. Use a photo editing software like Gimp or Photoshop ( there are others, those two come to mind) and resize picture there. Save and then upload to your album/avatar.
Also, be aware that there are two places on the site that you can upload a avatar. The main site (pipesmagazine.com) and the forums (pipesmagazine.com/forums). PM one of us on the moderator team (Lawrence, uber4merica (Ben), ssjones (Al) or me) if you continue to have issues.
Good luck!
-Jason

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Oh youse guys... :nana:
It's been a while since I changed my Avatar, but I believe there is a function that allows you to "crop" the photo. That's so, only the part of the picture you want to show appears in your Avatar.

It's a box that shows on the uploaded photo, and it can be stretched or reduced just like the "crop" function in other photo editing programs.
I hope that helps.

:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.