PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Awhile back, I was at my local Value Village (Thrift Store) and found a pipe rack randomly placed in the kitchenware section. Since then, I've been making a point to swing by whenever I'm nearby to see if I can catch another. Sure enough, found one yesterday in the "wood decor" area. Just needs a cleaning and tightening. Price? $2.99! :D

To make it even sweeter, I already had the same rack! Now I have a set...

To the other Canucks out there, you may want to check your local stores regularly. This is way cheaper than eBay!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I definitely did a double take when I saw it. I couldn't believe it was the same one I already had. 8O

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Those are some nice pipes as well. They look like Brigham to me but not 100% sure.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Yep, the four in the front are Brighams. There's another on the other side too. I would've had both racks filled but I still have to clean up the new one before I put any pipes in there.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Nice.. I like my Brigham's. I have a Pete Tankard P-Lip I've smoked 3 different times and I just can't seem to get a liking for this pipe. Thinking of putting it on Briarbid for a trade on a Brigham.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just priced small racks at my local Tinder Box, so your find looks especially good. It's almost better

than free; the price gives it monetary value. Makes me wonder what pipes were in it before it got

to the thrift store, and what happened to them. I hope no one snapped up the Dunhill for $2.99 before

you got there!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Makes me wonder what pipes were in it before it got

to the thrift store, and what happened to them. I hope no one snapped up the Dunhill for $2.99 before

you got there!
I always wonder the same thing. I can't see Value Village putting pipes out on the shelves, so at the very least I hope they don't trash them. 8O I like to think just the racks get donated and the pipes find a home somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.