PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
Big ole cedar humidor for $25. The meter on the front still works, beveled glass on the lid with a removable tray inside. I'm happy.
57923_534935109857309_1937130494_n.jpg

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
greatScott whata deal.. I have 2 that are relagated for storing pipes as cigar smoking is in the past for me. That is a nice one. Love the cedar smell mixed with tobacco.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
That is just a sweet box! Something that may anger you folks is that I asked 4 different 2nd hand stores if they ever get used pipes or pipe racks in stock. I was told at each store that a pipe rack may get sold but that often they are thrown away WITH THE PIPES STILL IN THEM!!! Each time I shook my head and said "Why, you know folks would buy those." Of course two of them said "You need a special license to sell tobacco stuff." Which is incorrect of course. The other two said "It's policy"
So, thanks to second hand stores some pipes may become more valuable than others some day. I have however found a few interesting and moderately priced pipes at antique shops but it really is buyer beware with the babies. I have seen basket pipes (at least to me) selling for 50-100ea. and the next shop will have virtually the same type of pipes for 3-10ea.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
Thanks Flyfishin / Roth, thats some execellent advise I will be taking from the both of you. My main concern is whether to keep it in the garage with me or in the house. I am concerned with the garge temp affecting the humidity levels.
But, with using the above testing methods and a digi meter I should get it all sorted out.
Thanks again gents,.

Status
Not open for further replies.