PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
As of ten minutes ago, I am now in posession of three orange-scented pipe tobacco blends:

Planta Anno MMXIII California Dream

Peter Heinrichs Reserve Cru #2

Rattrays Exotic Orange
Each is quite different from the other, with the orange scent ranging from cheap candy fake to very delicious and enticing, and the cut from rough cut small pieces to long-cut pressed flake.
Review pending full recovery from a recent cold.

003-055-0049.jpg

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Tim just sent me a tin. Should I jar it now? I have not unwrapped it from the inner cellophane packaging? I have the California Dream... Jury is still out. Hoping the Rattray’s quality comes through with the orange.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Oh crap, never sent you any! :oops: God I'm getting old. I would go ahead and jar it.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Will do. Does it ghost? ChasingEmbers, I forgot all about that. If you want to try California Dream, let me know. Will be happy to send you some for comparison to Rattray’s.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
So are you saying the Solani 100g tins are not sealed Duane? I have a couple of 100g tins of 633 and they aren't cheap.
Well WTF! I opened one. I'm glad I saw this thread. Why in the world would a company put out tins that aren't sealed without saying so on the tin? That is just nuts.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, I know. Silver Flake is expensive, and not sealed at all. Luckily, Sixpence tastes enough like it to me, is sealed, and is cheaper. :mrgreen:

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Very nice title :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0toEhKRWk
I'll have to try those. I have smoked California Dream and enjoyed it. The taste is more like orange blossoms than an orange but still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.