PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Great news! I spoke with the Sutliff rep today about Edward G. Robinson pipe tobacco and doing something with it to promote it. They are going to start selling it in 1.5 tins! Very exciting for me. Why am I announcing it here? Because I told him how many smokers are unhappy that the MacBaren Three Nuns isn't going to be a VaPer, and we had a long discussion about it.
Here's the deal. I will be sending him links to this thread and another on this site, as well as a couple from other sites to the rep, so he can see how much we want a VaPer version of Three Nuns. He said he will talk to his bosses about it. I said I realize the company has already made an investment in the current Three Nuns recipe, but that they should consider putting out a "Classic Three Nuns" with the version we all know and love. Anybody who likes the idea should voice their support now so the power-that-be can see how desirable it is to do this. So, everybody throw your two cents in now! They are willing to listen to us!

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
It's admirable that you are such an active, rather than passive, advocate of something like this, jiminks!

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I would ABSOLUTELY love to to the original blend back!!
jiminks, did you mention to the Sutliffe rep that Harris' first order alone would cover their initial startup expenses????? :P

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Rickpal14: Not only did I tell him that, I told him several people, including me, would flock like mad to buy the VaPer version, and pay extra for the chance to have that version.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I've never had any version of Three Nuns, but if anyone from the company is reading this thread...there is no exaggeration by anyone here. You WILL get cleared out of stock before you know what hit you. This forum has pull!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I for one would love to smoke this blend made from the original recipe. Message sent as well.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It also helps if people post their desire for the VaPer Three Nuns on this thread and the other one. I'm sending the links to the sales rep and these posts will be read by the Sutliff people. It worked for Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend, and it may well work for this, too.

Aug 1, 2012
Bring on the VaPer 3 nuns! While I think the current 3 Nuns is interesting and I will try it, I would dearly love to have the chance at a "legacy" blend with the original formula. It would definitely be worth a few extra bucks a tin if it were done well.
Side note, I'll be trying a tin or two of EGR when they come out in smaller sizes.

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
Count me in as a potential buyer for a VaPer version of Three Nuns. Definitely would like to try it if it becomes available.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
What is Sutliff's relation to MacBaren and Three Nuns? I thought MacBaren was a completely different company and blender . . .

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Count me in! I love a good VAPer and would also pay a little more for a "legacy" or "classic" version. It really is amazing how quickly some blends sell out when a positive review is posted here. Having said that I don't even think a review would be needed for a blend like this with history behind it. Once someone posts that it is available for sale it will be gone until they can get more out to the major retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.