PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Today I ventured a little further from home and came across a nice little antique mall with a decent size collection of mostly terrible pipes. There were three pipes that caught my eye, nothing fancy, and I was able to negotiate the price down from $37 to $19 dollars for all. Sold! The top pipe has a unique shape and weighs in at 24 grams. It is the only Dr. Grabow that I have felt compelled to purchase, a Starfire Adjustomatic Model 46. Lightly smoked, no teethmarks at all and I love the shape. I am thinking it dates between early 60's to late 70's. Can't wait to clean it up and give her a go. The two Bulldogs are a set of Wally Frank's stamped "Wally Frank Limited, Wine Root Bruyere, Deluxe Selected Grain, Italy". They are both in great shape as well but the stems are so oxidized I thought they were cumberland until I got them home. Turns out they are a red and black swirl. The color should really come alive once buffed up. Wally Frank commissioned pipes all over the world, sure would like to know more about who made these and when.

20140705_164907_resized_zps0058f9ea.jpg

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
For $19, you made out like a bandit! Those all ought to clean up really well. Nice score!

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Got the Starfire ready to burn but the Wally Frank's are going to take a bit more effort.

20140710_164448_resized_zpsce3fab61.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.