PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjarhead

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
just saw in another post that PipeWorks & Wilke tobacco is going to end their house blends. I haven't had the pleasure to smoke none of them, but the article certainly made me interested. whats your experience with their blends? what would you recommend? I smoke pretty much everything except aromatics, but i am partial to english. thanks for your thoughts.

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I rarely ever smoke aromatics, but when I do, I love the Rumcake from P&W. I never tried anything else from them but what a shame to hear this news :(

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
They have many great English blends. High hat 400 other numbered look at their list. Shel

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The #10, #400, and #524 are their best English blends in my opinion. If you like American English blends, Wilke's Best Make is pretty good, too.
As far as their aromatics go, my favorite is the #515, which was actor Basil Rathbone's blend of choice. Their rumcake is a very good variation of it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jjjarhead, are you going to stock up before the outfit closes? This seems like buying sorrow, unless you plan to buy up many pounds of the blends. How do you know your taste for it will last? I guess I mean, if I'm going to buy tobacco, I at least want the potential to buy some more in the future. Although that may be a fading fantasy for many blends right now. What's your thinking?

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
It is no different than rolling the dice on Dunhill blends. I think it is worth it to get P & W while you can. Speaking of Dunhill, I believe many consider that Dunhill died in 1981.

Status
Not open for further replies.