PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I don't have any Danish pipes and have set myself to change that. I stumbled across a nice piece from Lasse Skovgaard that I'd like to move forward with but I can't tell how he works his airway. Anyone have any insight on this? Is there a Danish standard for airways?

jking

Lurker
Oct 17, 2016
It was popular on the airways back in the 50's, 60's, and into the early 70's in the US. Anyone remember that?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I bought one of his pipes a few years back and was not happy with the drilling and returned it. It was a bent pipe, and the shank looked as though it had been drilled with a chainsaw. It may have smoked fine, but I'll never know as I returned it for a refund. I know he is respected and has lots of fans, but that drilling was crazy. So I can't speak to how his pipes smoke because I didn't get that far.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Excellent pipe maker! You can't go wrong. I have 4 or 5 of his pipes and they are all amazing

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Thoughts on Lasse?"
I always liked her (although she was actually portrayed by a he).
th

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for the feedback gents. I'm going to grab it.
@Mother-One of the things that has really stood out to me about his bent pipes is the absolute precision of the drilling. Perhaps this is an area in which he's made some recent strides.
@jokers...really...2 lassie jokes? You do realize the guy's a viking, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.