PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I didn't get to smoke yesterday. Long story short, wound up at the hospital with my better half, pregnancy no more. Didn't sleep all night as I had to get our 18mth old from my parents at 5am, had to leave for work by 645. Long day, I get home, the little one gets to sleep, and I load a bowl.
Fresh FVF in a Roush Cutty. Sublime smoke. I mainly smoke Va and FVF is good, but far from the best. However, tonight, it really hit the spot. Tasted like a toasted marshmallow on a graham cracker. Unusual for fVF, I know. I've smoked this blend for years. And usually fresh, it disappoints.
How about you gents? Any memorable one time surprise smokes for you?

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Sorry about your loss Chubbster. My most memorable bowl was the first time I smoke to the bottom without a relight. Flavorwise they're all good.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
I'm very sorry to read about what happened. I've been there, a long time ago.
My most memorable is very clear to me. It was months back. Nothing special about the night, except it was one of those rare occasions when I was relaxed and peaceful. I sat back and enjoyed a bowl of Black House with my favorite coffee, alone and quiet.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Man I am saddened by your loss. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Most memorable smoke for me so far sitting on my front porch in a rocking chair with some Good ol Johnny Cash playing. Smoking away on some Frog Morton On the Town. Everything was just right.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Sorry for your loss mate. Years ago we lost 2 before we had our first. I hope all is well and Wife and I will be thinking of you and your family. Take care mate.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Appreciate it gents. We have a beautiful 18mo little girl. Things are just fine here. That's life for ya.
That smoke was quickly backed with another one, but it fell short a bit.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Best wishes for you and the family. Those special smokes are too numerous and varied to remember in detail; but still,

they're too few and far between for me. I go into every bowl expecting Nirvana -- don't always get it, but I keep coming back.

It teaches us patience, and the lesson that good things are worth waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.