PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Anyone own a pair of these? How do they run for size? Most of all do you enjoy them?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I'm wearing a pair of their workshoes right now. I love them! Better than Red Wings IMO. The sizes run about like Corcoran jump boots if you've ever hed, those.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I have a pair of thier roofing boots and they run true to size like Red Wings . I am also a fan of Danner boots and the refurb shop does outstanding work .

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
The story is probably apocryphal but I've always wanted to believe that George T. wrote "I Drink Alone" with Lee Marvin in mind.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
My issue is that I wear anywhere between 11.5 to 13 depending on the shoe. I wore 13 for years but my most recent dress shoes were 11.5 and before that 12. I tried on some basic work boots today at work and size 11 seemed pretty good. So I think I may go with 11.5 in the boots. Since my wife might get them for me for Christmas from Amazon I think I'll call up the company tommorow and ask them for help with sizing. These boots look buba-buba-bad....sorry Baron I had too haha

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If you go through Union Boot Pro, they have a deal where you can order 2 sizes and then send back the one that's wrong.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
The boot size game, BLAH. I have to play that a lot too. My foot is damn near as wide as it is long so I have a hell of a time finding a good fit.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Roth I actually work for a sporting goods store and was a shoe department manager up until a month ago. I used that device yesterday and read at 11.5 which to me means I should go with a 12. I then went to the union boot site that Baron suggested and since they sell Thorogood and other US made boots I used there sizing chart in inches and came out a perfect 12. I'm gonna take a small risk and order the 12D. If anyone is thinking about a pair of these Amazon is about $40 cheaper than union boot and free shipping plus free returns.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Good to know. I'll be buying another pair next time I need some boots for work or riding the motorcycle. Probably an engineer type boot this time.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
A good pair of work boots offers a outstanding value for footwear . If you keep them oiled up with mink oil they can last for years . I have one pair of Danners that have been resoled three times . I always look for triple stitching and real brass hardware . Good luck on your new boots Jameson .

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I have had a pair for several years now and they hold up very well. The sizes I find run on the smaller side.

Status
Not open for further replies.