PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Most of the time I don't have a response to the question, "what do you want for your birthday?"

It's usually, oh, I'm just happy with your presence, or I could use some new socks, or just not much of a help really for a gift giving offspring.

Heck, I don't want my kids spending money on me.

This year after inquiring about my new hobby / obsession I guess I mentioned The Pipe Book to my son and I just got it in the mail today! I don't know if it's vintage or not...it's a 1999 edition I think, a Lyons Press American edition.

Cool beans! I won't read this one in the oval office.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
So, your son is the one who stole The Pipe Book from under my nose. Well, at least I know it went to a worthy owner. Happy birthday!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great. Knowing what to give the recipient is much of the gift, the fact that someone paid attention and found the right item is the essence of gift giving.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'll try to read it quickly and get my "book report" in on this thread before it dies a natural death.

I just read a few paragraphs of the preface by Richard Dunhill. I know I've read a lot of this stuff in bits and pieces. Entrepreneurial foresight is what a lot of these guys have who distinguish themselves in business.

Hard work is for the lower classes. amiright guys? Well, that's a bit judgmental for now. I'll read this baby and see what's what.

Status
Not open for further replies.