PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Well I have been trying to expand my horizons as any self respecting pipe smoker tries to do. Acquired several goodies this week. Yesterday came the Tewksbury Hobbits Weed, Nosferatu and a couple samples of Custards Last Stand and King George. Great people to deal with over at Tewksbury. Today came the Dunhills, Pelican, 4th Gen 1897, Escudo and Blue Mountain. I have a booth at an antique mall so I always keep an eye out for estate pipes. Today I saw this nice unsmoked meer for $30. There was no case but I had to have it. That makes 3 meers and growing. Of course Goodwill was on the way home where I found a pipe stand humidor for $2.55. I already have an identical one but couldn't pass it up. I guess the next question is what to try first out of today's shipment? I decided to try the Blue Mountain. Cracked open the tin and it smells much more manly than the aro's I have been smoking lately. About to see how it tastes. Besides having 8oz of Penzance scheduled for delivery by Monday, I also have a little over $100 worth of baccy and accessories in my cart just waiting for a couple back-ordered items to become available. Then I should be good for a long while. Shouldn't I?
baccys.jpg

baccy2.jpg

baccy3.jpg

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Hard to tell the size of that new meer from the pic so here is another showing what he looked like before he ate his spinach. And the Blue Mountain is much smoother tasting than it smells in the tin. To my amateur tongue and limited descriptive ability, it tastes like I am smoking a brisket covered in black pepper. Liking it...

baccy4.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Sounds like a great score. You are definitely on your way, but don't kid yourself, you are now in the throes of TAD and PAD and there is no escape. You will forever be looking for new blends, new pipes, new accessories and there is nothing you can do but submit to the inevitable. Welcome to the club. :clap:

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Nice baccy haul and cool pipes. Congratz. Looking forward to seeing your "big" order.
I was just looking at that hobbits weed and nosferatu linked from another thread here. I've got to try to put an order in to try.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
The "big" order will include Black House, Magnum Opus, Fusilier's Ration, McClelland Best of Show, Sutliff Maple Street, a double pipe pouch, lighter and a couple pounds of various blending tobaccos I intend to use to create a masterpiece. :) I am sure I left something out. Sure wish the MacB Cream Flake would surface.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
I went back for another bowl of Nosferatu and I gotta say that stuff is growing on me! It is a really hard blend to explain. I can almost guarantee that if you call Tewks and make an order they will offer to throw in a sample or two. Choose Nosferatu. You may need to dedicate a pipe to Nosferatu, even a cob. I have only smoked it out of a meer and it reeks of Nosferatu. Which is a good thing. I have not tried the sample of King George yet but it smells/looks similar to Blue Mountain so I have high hopes for that blend as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.