PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
Got my BBB Hand Made and even though I was incredibly careful not to apply lateral pressure while removing the stinger, I still chunked off a piece of the tenon. A quick fix with a dab of super glue, I know, but it still sucked. To make it even worse, I got my early Upshall P grade and while trying to get the stem out, I heard a crack and saw that the shank now had a 1" long crack. This just hasn't been my weekend for keeping pipes from breaking. It's not that I treated them roughly, I was actually being excessively careful because I like these pipes. I'm really happy I got these pipes and got them for what I consider to be a good price but it's a bummer when you break 'em like that.
Oh well, that's life.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
We need to have a Pipe Smokers superhero for this. Takes poor mistreated pipes from the unappreciative and gives them to the needy. Can hear the sound of a stem breaking from miles away. Shoots wood sealing lasers from his eyes. Call him SuperPipe? PipeSmoke? IronPipe?

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
We need to have a Pipe Smokers superhero for this. Takes poor mistreated pipes from the unappreciative and gives them to the needy. Can hear the sound of a stem breaking from miles away. Shoots wood sealing lasers from his eyes. Call him SuperPipe? PipeSmoke? IronPipe?
Very well....
Briarknight_zps39c62aaa.jpg

Yeah... I have WAY too much time on my hands. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.