PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
To All,
This Weekend as all know is the tenth aniversay of 9/11, a subject very near and dear to my heart. I lost a few friends that day and many a brother in arms, as did many of you. So I ask as you are out and about this weekend or just taking a break enjoying a good smoke, look to the skies and never forget.
Thanks Yuri

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah I will be smoking many bowls this weekend in tribute to those that give us such freedoms! As well as shooting skeet, driving golf bals, shooting off fireworks, drinking beer, fishing, and camping.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I remember watching in disbelief that morning at work. Some one had it on their computer and I thought it was a trailer for an action movie. Then as it sunk in that it was real. I'll never forget that feeling I had in the pit of my stomach.
As for this week end, we have a 3 year old birth day party on Sunday at a local theme park. Saturday I am suppose to go fishing. Not sure if my fishing buddy's wife will let him go since he is afraid to ask her? Long story but, I may be looking for a new fishing buddy soon? Any one from the South San Francisco Bay area who would like to fish for large mouth bass on my little poor mans bass boat let me know.

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
TNA Wrestling's PPV titled "No Surrender" is on 9/11 this year. I think the name is appropriate.
I remember watching the news when it happened. I was only 12 years old seeing it live.. I was living in PA at the time but I'm from LI, NY and family of mine often went into the city. The fear of losing those I love - Fearing for those I didn't even know. That really stuck with me and I'll never forget.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
I was never so shaken that day as my brother worked in the city and i could not get in touch with him till he made his way back to NJ that evening after a harrowing day.He actually watched the second tower fall from a nearby office building.Myself when driving home from work i could see a great plume of smoke and ash arising from the city and my car collected some ash as i drove.Fortunately no one i knew persoanlly perished that day.I do remember that till the explosions it was one of the most beautiful days of the year.I will attend a memorial service here in Nj on Sunday and then hopefully smoke a bowl or two watching the football games. Its something i will never forget. Its hard to believe that its been 10 years.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I will never forget that day. I was stuck in a men's shelter in Mt Vernon WA raising enough cash to get back here to WI. Watched the whole thing live as I was talking to one of the other guys there. Total shock!

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I was only 7 months into my new position working in the cable/telecommunications industry. I remember people asking what was going on on the news and we all thinking it was an accident. Just as those thoughts were starting to set in, plane two hit. Everyone rushed to our training center and pulled up CNN on the overhead projector. I'll tell you guys, watching the whole thing on a white wall with the lights out was just horrific, but we couldn't pull ourselves away. Cyndi was stuck in Atlanta traffic at the time on her way to work and we talked on the phone while she listened and I watched. I know Cyndi I worked with quite a few people from NYC and everyone was making sure they were doing ok (as best we could) while they tried to reach family members in the area.
Edited to add: I will definitely have a smoke and a drink in honor of the 3000+ who perished that day.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
The new memorial will be dedicated on Sunday and then open to the public on Monday. I hope I can visit soon. Never Forget.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I was 28 and trying to get my life out of the shitter and go back to skool. I was headed up the elevator when one of the passengers mentioned a plane hit the WTC. I figured it was an accident like when that small plane hit the Empire State building. That's whenn cell phones started going off all over school. We rolled an AV cart in and saw the second plane hit. School was dismissed at that point and we were all gathered in rooms where there were televisions. We saw the towers fall and nearly everyone started crying who wasn't already, after watching people jump.
Later, I remember my 2 year old nephew kept pointing up at the ceiling and yelling "OH NO!", mimicking the reporters and others who were watching people jump off the burning buildings. He did that for quite awhile after the attacks.
Forget?? How the Hell Can I?? And I only watched it on TV. There are still some things about the whole situation and what has happened since that provoke me to serious anger but I'm not gonna get on my soap box. I'm just gonna light my bowl and raise my horn to the memory of the fallen.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I lost friends in the 1993 attack, and then again in 2001. On both occasions I was supposed to be at the Trade Center--'93 for work in a book shop, '01 for a business license at 1 Liberty; on both occasions I wasn't. I watched them fall from my roof; it felt like taking a baseball bat to the gut. I opened my storefront in the Lower East Side to the thousands of people walking, dazed, away from it--letting them use the bathroom, giving them water, just letting them sit for a moment. I spent the next couple weeks helping rescue crews shuttle back and forth from staging areas. I've never been able to watch any footage of it, any documentary, any news rehash.

I've never gotten over this.
On the first anniversary I posted the following in my shop window, and take it out every year to remind myself of then. It will always feel the same.
To all friends & neighbors--

Today we are

asked to remember

what we couldn't

begin to forget.
I would ask that

we remember

life is for the living;

to be thankful,

and respect this

life with your

love and conscious dignity.