PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
So I found out my rear axle differential on my jeep is shot. I can spend $1100 in parts and labor to fix it or I can buy a refurbished axle for $1500. Going with the refurbished axle. A Brother from my lodge is going to replace it for free at least I have that going for me. Dammit right before Christmas to.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Automotive issues never seem to creep up at a convenient time. I just got my truck paid off and it just turned 80k. I'm sure something will go be going wrong before too long. Keeping my fingers crossed!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
It's a tough situation. Now that you've got a pal to help and the problem is being solved, forget it, move on to solving the problem with Christmas approaching. You've got two months, light a pipe and start mulling it over, develop a plan and get on with it.

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
Check your local junkyard. I can usually get an axle- drum to drum, for less than 150.00 and they'll torch the thing off for me.
What's shot on your axle that costs over a grand in parts?

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
The parts to rebuild the diferential will cost about 1000. Called 12 junk yards no one has an axle in mn. However found a place in Wisconsin that has a rebuilt one for 1500. Thanks for the ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.