This Month's TAD Arrived from Pipes and Cigars!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Along with my usual stock up, I picked up an oz of Newminster Superior Round Slices, an oz of C&D Three Friars (inspired by the Three Nuns thread) and an 0z of Hearth and Home Anni Kake (which Pipes and Cigars magnanimously upgraded to to a 1.50z tin). I'm also looking forward to buying some more jars if any of these bulks are a hit!
And, yet again, thank you to Pipes and Cigars.com/ Habana Premium for your timely turn around and generosity!

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
I have been curious about Anni Kake, herd good things, but don't consider myself a vaper man.

Cheers to your latest acquisitions!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Nice haul. If you want another comparison to Three Nuns take a look at Villiger's Cocktail Hour. I thought it came fairly close to the original but it's been many years.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Nice order.
Even if you are not a va/Per person I would recommend anniversary kake to all. It's flavorful and sweet with only enough perique to give it a nice spiced flavor. It is not enough to be spicy but you will appreciate it being present. Think how a good applied pie is enhanced by a light hand of additional spices. I think this reflects anni kake very nicely.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I'm smoking the Anniversary kake right now and if first impressions were the only thing, this is a great blend. The Newminster Superior Round Slices were good, as was C&D Three Friars but the later two were not smoked under ideal circumstances (driving and then sitting in the car in a slight breeze, I had to go out to do laundry today) but still good despite the distractions. I look forward to just sitting down and concentrating on the tobaccos.
@ papipeguy: I was thinking about the Cocktail Hour but I opted for this one first. Sadly, I probably will never actually be able to compare it to the original being as I was too young to have had the experienced and not having enough readies to purchase the original on the e-bay. On the plus side, the tobacco will have to stand on it's own merit with no rosey glass of nostalgia to distort my opinion.
All in all, I'm rather pleased thus far with my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.