Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is freakin' hilarious!!!!!!!
One of my favroties.
enhanced-buzz-10504-1359994024-18.jpg

A whole bunch more -
http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/this-is-what-the-internet-does-to-a-photo-of-obama

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
The "sideways smoke" is due to a compensator. It reduces some of the felt recoil.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
I'm not well versed on rifles and shotguns. Could someone tell me why a puff of smoke is coming out sideways?
that model, either comes with or was modified with a small hole near the top of the barrel to allow forced gas to escape through and help mitigate recoil(the pushing itself upward) the allow for faster target reaquisition as it significantly decreases the amount of time bringing the rifle back down and permits the use to remain with the sights more or less lined up to the eye.

Aug 1, 2012
Loved the one with H.M. The Queen. Too bad they couldn't have worked in this one of her. Wouldn't have been quite as funny...just love the old pic.
HM%20The%20Game%20Girl.jpg

Edit: Can't fix the pic. Came up "Mary Leakey's 100th Birthday" Google graphic. L.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Do you really shoot skeet that low? It looks more like he's aiming for a high stationary target...
-Jason

Aug 1, 2012
Strange, it's rendering right for me. Oh well, thanks anyway. It's supposed to be a pic of then Princess Elizabeth shooting while on a boat.

notabene1

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
After looking at the entire contents of that Buzzfeed link, two of my longheld beliefs have been thankfully reaffirmed: 1) Humor, like beauty, is very much in the eye of the beholder; and 2) There are an awful lot of people out there with way too much time on their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.