PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
I like bread pudding and custard, rhubarb crumble (with or without custard), caramelized onion sausages with baked spuds, Shepherd's Pie, Irish stew and both macaroni cheese and pizza. OK, who's cracking the first joke?
Rhubarb-crumble_zpsb642295c.jpg

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Food like that is pure happiness. It is also why I weigh as much as I do. Fruits, veggies, and cereals are also a big part of my diet, I must include. 8)

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
I am not particularly overweight, but I can see this is not the best diet in the world. Now what, this is all I know. Any suggestions?

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Have to add Biscuits and Gravy, Bangers and Mash and +1 on the Sheppards Pie.
John

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I like everything you listed ... no joke! :D
In fact, I have a VERY short list of foods I won't eat.
One of my favorite treats is to go out for Sushi and finish up with quail egg shooters.
I can eat breakfast at a "greasy spoon" or Champaign Brunch ... equally as happy either way.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
All that stuff sounds excellent. But then again, I even like haggis -- or what passes for haggis here in Chicago.

I would eat it all the time except that it causes my gout to flare up, so it's only an occasional indulgence.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
My grandfather used to grow rhubarb in his garden, and grandma used to make the best pies with it. Man, I miss that, and I can't find any around here, so I haven't had it in a long time.

Being diabetic, I have to watch what I eat, but to hell with it, I'd eat a piece of rhubarb pie in a heartbeat!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
biscuits and gravy for breakfast...streak-o-lean and a slice of bread for field lunch...cornbread and milk for supper...fried chicken on sundays.
we may not have eaten right when we were kids, but we sure did eat well.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Pizza and subs are the only fast food I've indulged in lately. I don't do those often. I love comfort food as much as the next person. I make my own usually. I can make pretty much anything I think I want. Bread, pizza, mac 'n cheese, cornbread, cookies, cake, my own version of French toast..baked, pancakes, omelets, pasta- white or red sauced. Nothing easier than a potato dish of some sort. Roasted cottage fries, mashed, boiled, pan fried, or baked.

Lately, instead of something sweet or salty for snacks, I've taken to shelling a jumbo walnut or two..limiting myself to 5 or 6 a day...

Jun 4, 2014
gigger, I agree, putting strawberry's in a rhubarb pies ruins a perfectly good rhubarb pipe. We have a local diner that makes a fantastic rhubarb custard pipe when its in season.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
QUAIL EGG SHOOTERS!!! +100
Sushimi is great. My kid was eating Sushi with Salmon roe when he was 5.
Red meat, white meat, dark meat, light meat. It's all good to me.
Oh and I can put bacon and/or ranch on most anything.
Also love chicken and waffles, oyster gumbo, and fried catfish. nom nom nom.
We also devour spinach dip by the lb in our house.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No jokes here, was in Scotland when I was 18, ate the likes of haggis, blood pudding, and washed it down with mead and Scottish whiskey. Loved every minute of it. Went out on the Loch several times, and got to see Inverness Castle, but no Nessie. :cry: Did love all the food though!

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
I live in the UK and I have been to Scotland many times. Yes, I love all the food too, but I've never been the Loch or Inverness yet. They say it is so bloody cold up there, but I shall get myself around into going some time during the summer.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
All this talk of England, UK, and Scotland is making me want to see it again. While touring, got to see Stonehenge, Big Ben, glimpsed the Royal family, and ate things I had never heard of. Oh, and for anyone who has never seen Stonehenge first hand, pictures do not prepare you for how large those stones are! May have to take the time to go back, there is an actress from Wales named Eve Myles I wouldn't mind seeing in person as well. :mrgreen:

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
I remember once (this is when I was living in NY, I was in my early teens), one of my friend said: I pity you all Europeans; it all looks as though your food was totally tasteless and boring. Well, this is simply not true. Most American food, as a matter of fact, has its roots in traditional English food. It is true that at the surface you will encounter buggers, hot dogs, pizzas, etc., but if you scratch it and go deep into it, you will find all kinds of stews, pies, casseroles, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.