Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
pipe-cartoon-725.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
We're expecting up to an inch tomorrow in central Texas.
If we get that much, that will be most accumulation in 14 years!
jay-roger.jpg

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
We're expecting up to an inch tomorrow in central Texas.
If you get that much snow, you guys will be on lock down. Schools closed, hospitals working only for emergencies, public institutions closed ... heck, I don't think that your local automotive stores carry winter tires, for that matter. :roll:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The thread title doesn't make sense. He's digging out the cellar. So the thread title would make more sense if it read, This Is What Happens When You Cellar. I just looked at that title and at that cartoon and they just doesn't work.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The way I read it, he didn't stash enough tobacco so he's having to dig his way out to get some. (?) I'm looking out the window right now, in central N.C., at the bigs flakes coming down, supposedly potentially 4 to 6 inches depending on the area. For us, here, this is a big snow fall. Temps may melt a good deal of it over the weekend, but it's going to be slow moving until that happens. For the days of snowfall we have, and the days it stays on the ground, it just isn't cost effective to have the huge fleets of trucks to plow and salt, though we have some of those, and they've been brining the big roads for days. But ah, the beauty. And the sound of it, a kind of whisper, and the quiet veil it imposes on the landscape. You give yourself to that and work around the bother.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
To follow-up from three hours ago, it is still snowing and all the twigs and limbs are coated with thick fluffy sleeves of snow. I trudged out and dusted some poppy seeds on the snow, a sort of folk ritual to plant them, but also to evoke the coming of spring, I guess. I think we're looking at four or five inches so far, and maybe more before it's done, which for here is a blizzard. The mail made it earlier, and I made it out there to carry it in, including a Valentine present for my wife which I slid behind a closet door. Now it gets cold, and maybe Friday we'll see a little melting.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
If you get that much snow, you guys will be on lock down. Schools closed, hospitals working only for emergencies, public institutions closed ... heck, I don't think that your local automotive stores carry winter tires, for that matter. :roll:

Hell, it didn’t snow at all here, it was just really, really cold and the city still went on lock down. I find it funny when a whole city shuts down because it got cold.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
We had about 30 minutes of hard frozen sleet, followed by 15 minutes of flurries (tiny ones) and nothing that stuck, but a half day of spotty ice.
Still, the streets were barren. We take our 100+ continuous days of 100+ temperatures in stride, but don't drop an ice cube on the ground....
texas-santa-600x596.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
I just added pipes to a long standing cigar hobby so while my pipe tobacco stash currently could only get me through a month or so I have about a five or six year supply of cigars. Fortunately my wife understands so she didn't even blink when I brought home another dozen jars.

Status
Not open for further replies.