PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
So cold up here in Minnesota right now, but not me, sitting next to this bonfire. Either I or the pipe of Orlik Golden Sliced will burn up soon. And it's all good. Old Juniper on in the pit. Might be a mistake: have to keep brushing glowing embers off my laptop.
Two big steaks on the grill... I got for $1.49/lb because the were old and browning in the meat case. LOL
Ahhhh.... Best Monday ever.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
To live happily in Minnesota, you have to love the cold. It sounds like you have it worked out.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Just had fresh from the butcher T-bone steaks and fresh (last of the season) tomatoes for dinner watching the sunset into the West while sitting on the deck here in "tropical" Virginia (mid 60s). To each his own...

pcr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2014
Tasty! I've friends down near Pipestone. Sure gets cold there.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
"Down" near Pipestone? -- Sure must get cold wherever *you're* from, Northerner! (That's NOT an accent you have: it's your teeth chattering while you try to talk).
:)

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Wait a minute... why haven't I made *that* connection before. I live about 40 minutes from Pipestone. So.. why don't I have a pipestone pipe? ... I better get me a pipestone pipe, I think.
Those who are unfamiliar... Pipestone National Monument is located on a pipestone quarry that is sacred to, and has been used by, about six different tribes of Native Americans. They excavated the layers of ... I think it's a mudstone, like clay, carveable ... from the banded layers naturally occurring between quartzite layers there for their ceremonial pipes. (All from memory, so I may be a little off in details).
One detail, though, is that these tribes, even in times of war, maintained a truce at this site, it was so sacred.
I better scrounge around and see if a white guy can get some of that. Never looked into that before.
Going off to do a little reading. Supposed to be logged into the clock here soon so I have to be careful. Pipestone National Monument

Status
Not open for further replies.