PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
....Maybe...for a little while at least. It had been 20 years since I purchased a briar pipe, in the last 2 months I've made up for it a bit. A ten pipe binge and this one IS the last. I'm putting my foot down, no more will I fall prey to the siren song of the briar...well...till next time. Still NEED that perfect poker...but NOT now.
An Il Ceppo, never heard of them, but it struck me fancy:
s-l1600-1_zpskeaeub2r.jpg

s-l1600-5_zps6hixsmhx.jpg

I really like this rustication

s-l1600-3_zpsoiaddeqy.jpg

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I have smoked two Il Ceppo pipes in my day. Both were fine smokers. Good looking pipe!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Il Ceppo makes a great pipe and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I swore off buying until last night. My weak character gave in. I hope you're stronger, but don't bet on it. :D

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Nice looking hand made Italian pipe. For more on Il Ceppo,
https://pipedia.org/wiki/Il_Ceppo

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Nice to hear some of you have had a pleasant experience with Il Ceppos. Thanks for the Pipedia link dmc. This one is stamped, along with hand made and Italy, Huber Munchen. Some affiliation with Pfeifen Huber in Munich/Munchen I assume?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
OK, this is the end of The End.
This is the end, my only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free

But you'll never follow me

The end of laughter and soft lies

The end of nights we tried to die

This is the end

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
That is indeed the very "End" I had in mind when putting in the title. He took a pipe from the ancient gallery and he walked on down the hall.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
Inaugural smoke of the Il Ceppo today. It's very light, surprisingly so compared to my similarly sized Pete De Luxe 11S. I packed it with Bengal Slices and found it to be an Impressive smoker, a 9mm but smoked it filterless and the draw was perfect for me. Nicely crafted, beautiful fit/finish and a new favorite.
_27P0086_zpsxcqyfb7j.jpg

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Good luck with that "this is the last" thing. It's not gone so well for me or anyone here for that matter :( awesome pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.