PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Hopefully someone in the forums gets this. I need an ebay account and money ready for things like this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MASTERCRAFT-DRYMASTER-SMOKING-Pipe-With-Six-Bowls-/191746300946?hash=item2ca4f85c12:g:lhoAAOSwys5WVgJN
Just so cheap I had to share the find.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
No longer can I edit this and it dawned on my I broke a rule in this late night post. If a mod sees it...please delete it. My apologies to both readers, and the forum in general. My bad.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
There's a rule about posting eBay deals? Bummer you couldn't get it before it sold...

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
#1 A blog post or a forum post that is one to a few sentences that are just a lead-in to an outbound link is blatant promotion, or spam. It does nothing to add value to our site, does not enhance the user experience, and is not a participation in the community on the site.
These type of posts will be deleted.
You get two warnings and then you are banned.
Our paid advertisers are allowed to make some occasional commercial posts.
The worst one I could break.....shame.
Also, I don't have an account on eBay and no spare money anyways.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Not sure that rule applies here, I think it would be one thing if the auction was one of yours and you were intentionally spaming for your own gain. I think members would appreciate and find it valuable being thrown a killer deal that another member finds. Don't see how it's any different than when members start a one sentence thread and link letting everyone know a rare tobacco is in stock at an online retailer. I could be totally wrong, and if I am then mods please correct me.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Lol, don't worry too much. We appreciate sharing these things, and people post them all the time. Somebody made out like a bandit for what this item sold for. Just remember to follow rule 9, and capitalize all the words in your title. Damn, I sound like a moderator, lol.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I think the rule applies to posting links for the purpose of selling. As an informational link they get posted all the time. And that was a steal because those bowls look to be meerschaum.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Posting a link to an interesting pipe on eBay is not a violation of the rules.

Posting YOUR own link to a pipe YOU are selling, is a violation.
Typically, it's bad form to post a link for an active AUCTION, but I personally have no issue with posting a BIN link.
This was a BIN, so no harm no foul.
Now, as to the pipe - I think someone got a very nice deal. $15 for a pipe and one bowl would have been a deal. Six meerschaum bowls - outstanding! Perhaps someone here grabbed it?
s-l1600.jpg

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
"It does nothing to add value to our site, does not enhance the user experience, and is not a participation in the community on the site." WOW!!!. This sentence in itself is ridiculous. The hell is all this about? I have seen at least 50 of these posts. Where was the post Nazi on those? Thank you for the link. I quit enjoyed looking at the pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.