PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Last time I checked, it was 92 outside. It's way hotter then I'm used to. It makes me not want to smoke my pipe because I don't want to sit outside. It isn't much nicer inside, but that doesn't matter since I can't smoke inside

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
There someone goes complaining again. :rofl:
I know, dude. It's 93° here but feels like 133° because of the humidity.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Hard to believe we are in Michigan and not way down in Dixie. If we don't get some long lasting rain here soon, I might just be cellaring corn flakes instead of balkan flake soon. My farming friends are expecting 25-40 less bushels per acre on corn this fall, so hold on. On another note, the bees are on strike due to the heat. Actually there is hardly any bloom for them to work because of the dry weather we have had.

tre123

Might Stick Around
Jul 5, 2012
It's warm In Louisiana also but not out of the normal. We have in laws that farm in Indiana and Illinois. I know they need the rain. Hoping it comes ya'll's way soon

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I'm amazed that East Texas is actually cooler than many places in the country. Seems like the heavy heat and drought conditions that we had last year have moved north for a while. Be patience, things will be normal soon. The surface of the sun is constantly changing and when there are solar storms on the sun, they send their heat to the earth like lasers. As the planets in the solar system rotate, these solar flares beam their heat to different places on the earth causing hot spots.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
It's called..............Summer

It isn't usually this hot during the summer. Not where I live anyways.

Now if it was 32 degrees, then you'd be bitching about it being too cold....right?

I prefer the cold. You can always add more layers and blankets to get warm. But you can only take away many layers before you're naked and still hot.

I know they need the rain

That would certainly be nice. it would cool things down for awhile, and give the farmland some much needed rain. It rained a little yesterday, but not enough

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
Only 3 days this summer over 95 here in N. Florida. 90 today with a breeze and passing showers, not bad. However the A/C broke in my police car yesterday....that sucks!

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
You won't hear me complain about the heat but the drought is something altogether different. Here in Indiana, we haven't seen rain at my house since May. I'm afraid it's too late for the crops. Stock up on beef while it's still affordable folks.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Saw the title of this thread, and had to reply. A couple of years ago, I was driving my friend home, and the sun was beating down on us. I told him, "The sun sucks." He told me that there is an album I should check out. When I dropped him off, he went inside and came back out with a CD by Ulver called "Shadows of The Sun." Not sure if you'd like the album, but I love it.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Yavuz:
Formula:

Celsius to Fahrenheit ==> Take Celsius * 2 then add 32. (it's actually 9/5 or 1.8, but it gets close enough)

Fahrenheit to Celsius ==> Take Fahrenheit - 32, divide by 2 (same comment)
What I tend to do is double the celsius then substract the first digit only... Example: 33 celsius, times 2 is 66. Minus 6 is 60. Plus 32 is 92 Fahrenheit (91.4 F actually)

For the reverse, ditto. But add in the first digit. so 100 Fahrenheit, minus 32 is 68, divide by two is 34, plus 3 is 37 (37.8 C actually)
So the little formula I use is pretty close.
When I first moved here, I had to get this memorized quickly. Now it's second nature. Inevitably my mom's first question is "So how hot is it there today" :rofl:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Here's a good 5 minute read for a hot day.

hippo.jpg

Afternoon Passage To Lusambo, by our own PM.com member, westsidewilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.