PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/atq/3513255932.html
HAUNTED PIPE FOR SALE - $10000 (USA)

I HAVE AN OLD TURN OF THE CENTURY CARVED PIPE IN A CASE THE I BELIEVE IS ACCOMPANIED, OR SURROUNDED BY A RESTLESS SPIRIT. I HAVE HAD THE PIPE FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS, AND JUST DONT WANT IT IN MY HOME ANY LONGER. I DONT BELIEVE THE SPIRIT TO BE A BAD ONE, BUT IT IS UNNERVING TO SMELL THE FAINT HINT OF TOBACCO SMOKE IN THE HOME IN THE MORNINGS, WHEN NOBODY HERE SMOKES, MUCH LESS APPLE SCENTED TOBACCO. FINDING IT IN DIFFERENT ROOMS OF THE HOUSE WITHOUT PUTTING IT THERE, AND SOMETIMES FINDING IT WHEN IT IS WARM TO THE TOUCH. I ONCE SAW IT VIBRATE OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE, . THAT IS WHEN I KNEW IT WAS NOT SOMEONE IN THE HOME PLAYING TRICKS ON ME AND KNEW I NEEDED TO FIND A NEW OWNER. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL PIPE CARVED WITH THE IMAGE OF A BEAUTIFUL TURN OF THE CENTURY BAR MAID HOLDING UP A FROTHY BEER AS A SALUTE, JUST BEAUTIFUL. WITH A BLACK LEATHER PIPE CASE ALMOST LIKE A VIOLIN CASE. THE STEM IS BROKEN AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN, BUT DOES NOT DETRACT FROM THE CARVING OF THE PIPE. I WANT TO SELL IT SO THE SPIRIT REALISES A NEW OWNER AND I WANT TO SELL IT FOR A PRICE I BELIEVE THE SPIRITED PIPE IS WORTH. AFTER ALL I AM SELLING A GHOST WITH IT THAT IS POSSIBLY MY ANCESTOR. SO FOR THAT IN ITSELF I WOULD NEED THE SUM FOR THE PIPE AND THE GHOST OF 10000.00 OR BEST OFFER

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Points for creativity, I guess...
Edit- I investigate the paranormal in my spare time, but in this case I'd recommend a good salt and alcohol treatment.

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
One heck of a sales pitch,,,must be a retired car salesman.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I don't know. 10k for a broken, haunted pipe? You could get a thousand cobs for that price. Just saying... :wink:

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Hmmmmm wonder if we could get the ghost to do a bit of cleaning and coffee making? Damb ghost would have to pay for his keep some how for that price. I did't pay that much for my wife! ;lol;

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i'd offer the seller a trade. in exchange for the pipe he can have one high tech cranial protector made from state of the art flexible aluminum shielding, to keep those unwanted high frequency gamma ray probes out that the CIA is no doubt using to scan his home in response to the rise in preternatural signals coming from the area. this way he can solve 2 problems in one fell swoop, at no cost to him.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
So if they just wanted to get rid of the pipe wouldn't they just give it away instead of asking $10,000 for it?Just a thought :wink:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The funny thing is I would not be surprised if he sold it, maybe not for the price he is asking but for some other number. That has to be one of the most unique scams I have ever read on CL.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
Lol all I know is if I had a pipe that was haunted I would just let the ghost smoke his pipe in peace.Maybe just leave the pipe on the table near my smoking chair on my porch so I could have a smoke with the poor fella every now and then. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.