This Gives a Bad Name to Recycling (WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Browsing for pipe racks, I came across this travisty. I'm sure someone (who isn't a pipe smoker) was proud of their anti-smoking recycling:

What a waste.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
lol. You guys should start a PM acting guild.
I think at some point some pipes are just beyond saving and think re-purposing them in different ways isn't a bad thing. I can tell just by looking at them one of them is an old Grabow. Now if one of those is an old Dunni, I would "die a little inside" as well. :crying: :rofl:

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
@ Eaglerico
Very true, I think that all pipes deserve a second chance though before this happens.... Hopefully someone tried to bring the poor little guys back to life.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
At least the bowls are intact and new mouth pieces could be made! There is still hope!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
This is what happens when you buy one too many lots of pipes from Ebay lol...

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Eagle,

Even an old Grabow deserves a good home. There are alot of guys out there just starting that can't afford anything but an low-priced estate pipe.
If the workmanship had been good instead of half-assed it wouldn't have been so painful, the pipe mounting is very poorly done. As an old cabinet maker this is offensive on many points.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Now fellas, I think that is an awesome idea for a pipe that may have a cracked bowl. I can see doing something like this in my den.
I have a couple of basket pipes I could do that with.
(Runs away as everyone prepares to throw stones)

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I've re-purposed several old broken pipes. Used them for curtain pulls,pipe racks and made tampers from them.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
This is disgusting. look at that gorgeous bowl on the far right!
Makes me feel nauseous.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I can see doing that if in no way the pipes could be salvaged.

But if someone did this and the pipes are ok, that is just so wrong.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I'd have to have better pictures of the pipes to judge whether they were salvagable or not. It they are "goners" I would have no problem with recycling them. In fact, it would be a clever idea, but the workmanship is still poor. I bet they didn't even clean them up and they stink - not where I'd hang my hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.