PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Just an update on how the pipemaking is coming along. I finished a Bulldog for the GKCPC pipe competition, it was a rush job at the last minute and I'm not entirely happy with it but its going to be a good smoker even if it wins no awards!

I also finished a sweet little shop pipe for myself thats so damn comfortable you could clench it for hours.

Since I made a promise to myself not to sell anything before my 5th pipe, I can now relent and start selling a few :D

So, production on my Hatfield pipes will start on monday and I should have something good to show you guys by wednesday. In the meantime, here the 3rd and 4th pipes for myself
20120619_200513.jpg

20120619_200520.jpg

I broke the end of the shank on this one, and decided to leave a little "wing" on the right side around the stem. If that hadnt happened, this would have been one sweet little piece. Still a great pipe, but the stem looks a little funny in the shank now.

20120623_000532.jpg

20120623_000442.jpg

20120623_000519.jpg

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
I actually really like the shank on #4. Maybe a different style stem, but I like it when a pipe has something a little different about it.
Nice work.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Thanks guys ! They all smoke great, and that is my number one concern. All of these pipes are drilled with a 5/32" airway that tapers down 3/4" from the button. The last 3/4" of the mouthpiece has a deep funnel that meets the 5/32 airway, allowing for a thin mouthpiece that still never restricts the airflow from the bowl to your mouth. That engineering makes for a super easy draw and a pipe that will nearly smoke itself.

Glad you guys like them, I cant wait to start making even nicer pipes very soon !

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
What color stain are you using on these pipes?
Every one is stained differently. Pipe #2 (The Lovat) is natural, no stain.

Pipe #4 (The Bent Pipe) was a combination of different stains at different sanding stages. I think Yellow, Light Brown and Dark Brown were all used at different points.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very nice...great work lonestar! And I really like the sound of how you're drilling the airways.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Nice work! I like that little nose warmer especially!
Ejames, I agree 100%. That pipe is my favorite, possibly one of my favorite pipes ever (and that is some stiff competition with the 1,000+ pipes I've owned and restored!)
Bigvan I know what kind of pipes you collect, so "nice work" means a lot from you ! And Briarbird too, you know how hard making a good looking pipe really is!

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.