Thinking of getting a Chacom; any experiences?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
New Cigars
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperphil

Lurker
Jun 11, 2012
Hey y'all I've recently ran across a Chacom I really like online and was wondering if I could get some comments on Chacom as a brand. I also wanted to know if anyone could tell me from what line is this particular on from it's not listed on the site (yes the site is a reputable one). Here's a link to it: http://www.smokingpipes.net/pipes/new/Chacom/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=94605

If that link is removed (as is done in some forums) here's a description: Chacom Smooth Bent Bulldog with Faux Horn Stem (acrylic), has a diamond shaped shank and stem, and is stained medium mohogany or cherry walnut (not quite sure what it's called technically). If anyone can give me any info, constructive criticism or general experiences with this please post. Thanks y'all.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
In France, I believe, Chacom is considered to be the best Saint Claude has to offer. The other 'C' in the logo is for Chapuis. I know them personally as very well-made pipes and smooth smokers. Your choice is not my taste in stems, but the shape of the bowl is a fine classic and looks good!

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I've got a lone Chacom in my stable, but she has never failed to provide me with an exceptional smoke (although I did ace the stinger). From the "Quebec" line; I topped the bowl, then faded the blast to deal with a massive chip.
IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

piperphil

Lurker
Jun 11, 2012
Thanks hobie1dog, but I already went there and still could not find this pipe or any in this style (i.e. the faux horn stems). But I appreciate the attempt man. If you know of any other references then by all means post them please.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I like that pipe...made me think of the one I am planning on getting from the wife at Christmas.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/butz-choquin/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=102341
I like this Chacom as well..
http://www.pipechacom.com/en/pipes-modernes/chacom-pipes-classics-atlas-jaune-32.htm

piperphil

Lurker
Jun 11, 2012
@voorhees

Yeah that BC is nice and I was actually stuck on it until I saw the Chacom. Something about the diamond shank and stem I like a little better on the bulldog/rhodesian styles. But either way their both french, haha. (Not a crack on frenchies)

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I have two in the rack... and that's usually where they stay :-(
Contrary to SchmitzBitz, I haven't been too excited about them. They smoke less open than either my Savs or my Petes. So I'm sticking with those two brands most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.