PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Begin Rant:
I hate thieves! If you're a thief in this world I have no use for you. Why does someone feel the need to steal from someone who has worked hard his whole life to achieve what he has in life. Last night my car was broken in to and my pistol was stolen from my car. Along with my car at least 2 others in the neighborhood were broken in to. Before anyone starts, yes i know i shouldn't have left the gun in my console, that was my fault. Regardless, those idiots still would've broken in to my car. Had to cancel credit cards and checking accounts as well because I had that information in my car. Luckily I had to serial number of the gun so if it is found later down the road, they can at least trace it back to being mine.
End Rant.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
That sucks man, best of luck to you finding your piece. My friend just had her house broken into a few days ago, came home to the door kicked in, in the middle of the day.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Brother, I've had thieves come into my house and rob me three times. First time just got my Les Paul Limited Edition, second and third times got everything. I mean all my furniture, fridge, washer/dryer; everything. The third time was nice because they left me fifteen empty beer bottles to pick up. I seriously hope they die as slowly and as painfully as possible. And yes, you were just reminded why you don't leave your pistol in your car. Not the time for putting you down though, they were the evil people, not you. And remember not to use your custom $2,000 1911 as your carry piece - the cops will get it.
Sorry for your loss man, seriously :(

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Was a Taurus model 85 polymer frame .38 special loaded with winchester SJHP +P rounds. maybe they will shoot themselves in the foot on accident.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I wish we could lump thieves in with attempted murderers, when someone steals from you, they are taking your future and are in my opinion one of the lowest forms of life. Just hearing stuff like this makes my blood boil, my heart goes out to you guys, especially with simnettpratt, boy have you had it rough!

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Hmmmmmm...a Taurus huh? I think I would be thanking them for stealing it! :P
(I only kid because my experience with Taurus products has been abysmal.)

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
well they have a lifetime warranty on there products, and usually cant go wrong with a revolver. Definitely not the nicest pistol, but it was a great carry piece. i may buy a kimber pro carry II to replace it. not sure i can drop that kind of cash this close to the holidays.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Taurus quality has been improving steadily over the years. I've had three, all worked perfectly, and think they're a great value. Can't argue with the unlimited lifetime guarantee, though I've also heard the turnaround time is abysmal. Don't know yet about the new polymer revolvers, I hear the Ruger works fine though. Hey look, if you've only got $300 for a new handgun, look hard at the Taurus revolvers; I personally would rather have 5 rounds of dependable .38+P than 6+1 .380s :)
I can't tell you what is right or wrong for you, your mileage will vary.
PS I hope your thieves burn down, fall over and sink into a swamp. And get eaten by an alligator with only two teeth.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
hahaha. I only gave $300 for the revolver in the first place. Not sure what i will buy to replace it. Im holding out hope that i will get it back so im not going to buy and identical gun just yet.

ulrich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
I feel you on this one. This past September My girlfriend and I took a trip to Southwest Texas. On the last day of our trip, her sister who was housesitting for us called to tell us that someone broke in to our place and stole my brand new macbook pro. I was furious. The situation surrounding the purported break in was suspicious. There was no signs of forced entry and the laptop was hidden beneath the our couch. It was the only thing stolen. I later found out that her sister had a friend over who she had just met. I'm 98% sure her friend stole it and as it seems to be the usual case, the police can't be bothered to do anything about it. What a way to end an amazing trip.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Sorry, Hawk60ce - that sucks. My car stereo got ripped off last year, and I was nervous for months after I got it replaced, wondering if the thieves were going to make a return trip to swipe the replacement (2 other cars on our block were hit the same night - they were pros).
And I've had nothing but good luck with the Taurus .22 revolver I bought for my wife. Great little plinker.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Sorry to hear that, man. Truly am. And I sure don't blame you for needing to rant: Thieves suck so much ass it's completely explainable. I used to work as a plain-clothes shoplifter-catcher in retail stores and it was the worst job ever. I hope they find your gun and return it to you.
Also, did you know that the book that clearly states "Thou shalt not steal" is the most stolen book in the world? Craziness.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Man so sorry to hear that brother... I had my first car stolen, a 1970 Challenger, back when I was 19. I felt so violated :(

ive had so much shit stolen from me, everything from movies to cash to firearms... makes me so fucking sick!
At the end of the day... so what if you decide to leave your piece in the car... its your fucking car! I honestly feel that anyone caught stealing should be publicly humiliated by caning the fuck out of them! ... as you can see I have no sympathy for thieves! assholes! :x

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
That really stinks , all thieves will be dealt with . What goes around surely comes back around ! I hope you get your gun back . Maybe your car insurance will cover it .

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Man that sucks dude. I hope they are able to find that gun and lock those SOB's.
Right on with the Kimber pro carry II. I've been trying to be good and not buy one myself. Best part they are made in America. Their headquarters was in Yonkers but I think they have since moved to Elmsford NY.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Hate them too, knew a murderer once (I understand why he did it, don't condone it) that I trusted more than a thief.

I would rather have a $300 taurus than a $1200 Kimber, I had one & they are over rated in my own opinion.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
I can't post what I really think ought to happen to thieves without getting banned so I will just say look on the bright side and be thankful that you didn't leave your favourite pipe in the car. The best you can hope for is they catch the SOB and he is on parole! Good luck getting affairs sorted.
P.S. My Taurus works like the finely oiled machine that it is.

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
i feel ya there man. a few years back a little lowlife broke into my truck, stole my stereo, all my cds, cell phone and charger. called the cops, they said i should go ask my neighbors if they seen anything. i told them im pretty sure thats your job. thieves really suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.