PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I just read that the city council in Casper Wyoming has voted 5 to 4 to reapeal a ban on smoking in bars.The ban though still remains in effect in restaurants..A small victory,but still a victory.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Good to hear. ANY law being repealed is practically a miracle. Bars prohibited from allowing smoking is ludicrous, imo. But then there is much that is ludicrous these days.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Wyoming is top of the list for my retirement places.
Frankly, bars and restaurants should be able to choose whether they want to go smoking, or not. If you don't like their choice, don't go there. What's so hard about that?

magoo65

Lurker
Apr 10, 2013
plateauguy
Wyoming is top of the list for my retirement places.
Frankly, bars and restaurants private businesses should be able to choose whether they want to go smoking, or not. If you don't like their choice, don't go there. What's so hard about that?
Fixed it for ya

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I did not think I would live to see anything reversed when it came to tobacco laws. It is not much, but at least it is something.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
In PA bars that sell more booze than food can get a license to allow smoking. We are about the most tolerant state and the only one without a tobacco tax. Where I live you have about a 50% ratio split and the bars that allow smoking are packed every night. More and more tobacco shops are now large clubs and enjoying a growing business. I hope that our right of freedom of choice starts swinging back our way. If I own a building and want to smoke, in fact want everyone to have the right to smoke. Why should the government be able to force me to ban something that’s legal from being consumed?

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
In Florida, bars can be be smoking bars if food sales are below a percentage of total revenue. Of course, here we are lucky that outdoor spaces are mostly smoke friendly and weather permits year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.