PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
On this site I see adds for $3 and $5 off for packs of tobacco. Has anyone used them to buy these and are you flooded with junk mail after you fill in the info to get the coupons? Other words what is the catch? Thank you.
(Edited title, please see rule number 9.

Thank you, Robert.)

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I signed up for one ages ago. Once a month or so, coupons will show up in the mail. I have seen coupons for other products as well that I assume come from the parent company. I would not say flooded with junk mail though. I typically drop them at my pipe club meetings for the guys that enjoy that tobacco.
So, no real catch. Free coupons. If the tobacco rings your bell, worth signing up for it.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I keep getting coupons for $5 off pouch tobacco. Problem is I can't find any retailer to honor them in my area. It's frustrating to say the least.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I get them. No added spam. I pass along the ones I don't use to other pipe smokers I know will use them and use the ones I wish to use. Its on the level. I rather enjoy using the Borkum Riff for one dollar (that's a $7.19 coupon here in Ohio) It is fun.
Mike S.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The coupons are a pretty good deal if you can find a retailer to cash them. I think sometimes you can get a pouch of name brand blend for a buck. Mostly these aren't blends I use, so I try to pass them along. I sent the recent one of them to tarheel1 for his pipe and tobacco for homeless vets program, but only after sending along some actual tobacco, aromatic blends that I wasn't getting smoked. His vets like aromatics a lot.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I use them for Sir Walter Raleigh and other OTC blends. From the sounds of things I am lucky to have a local retailer who will honor them.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
There's no added catch, and all of thes blends are made by Lane Limited. I too recently have had trouble finding some place locally to use them. Especially the Captain Black coupons as CB is $8-$10 a pouch and even with the coupon is not that great of a deal. The best deal are the coupons they offer that allow you to get a pouch for $1 but I haven't gotten any of those in quite some time.

leonardw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2011
Hi all. Unfortunately there are some retailers who don't want to deal with coupons and there's not a whole lot we can do about it. If you go to the brand web sites there should be a store locator function that might help you find an alternative retailer.
As far as spam, when you sign up you'll get an occasional coupon and maybe an occasional email to which you're able to easily unsubscribe.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I get them and tried to use them twice and no luck... Might try a Walmart, if they say no, in the garbarge they will go.

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
I had trouble at first trying to find someone to honor my coupons. My first two batches expired and I was afraid I would not get any more. When I got the next set of coupons I called Pipes & Cigars and they said they would honor them and they did. The only catch is that you have to place the order by snail mail.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Have you contacted the issuer(s) of the coupon(s) in question and let them know that your local retailer(s) will not honor them? Perhaps they could help remedy that situation.
Oh yes, I looked up on the captain black web site to find retailers in my area.mthe one listed is a cigarettes cheaper store. They turned me away saying they honor Marlboro coupons bit said they can't be sure where this coupon came from. Like I forged it or some thing? They wouldn't even look at it. Really ticked me off. So I sent an email but never heard anything back.

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
No junk mail. And my local tobacco/cigarette store honored them with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.