PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Son of a bitch! I broke my policy and a shank last night...and I went on Ebay and bought 2 pipes total with shipping was $25, so you know they need work and are of high quality LOL. There I had a PAD! *^@% That was almost 250 grams of FVF! Damn you Ebay! And of course all the good ones where already 15 bid,s and over $60...*sigh* and a big *facepalm*

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I am sorry Dragon. I know what you mean. I am the currently the highest bidder on 2 pipes right now. And now I am like WTH, I should put that to baccy.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
"I am sorry Dragon. I know what you mean. I am the currently the highest bidder on 2 pipes right now."
If I may offer a tip: A good, serious bidder should NOT place any bid until the very end (snipe!). I would also recommend a good sniping site such as eSnipe, which will place your max bid a few seconds before the bidding closes. It works: before I adopted this tactic, I lost out on a few pipes I was dying to win; since using eSnipe, I've won 5 consecutive auctions while losing none. :puffy:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Those sniping sites are probably great. I am one that will stop what I'm doing, plan around, set the alarm for 3am, or do whatever it takes if I want the pipe bad enough. I don't lose one I am fully committed to if the price is within my max bid. Now when I'm super super serious, I will have my P&C set to bid at the last few seconds and have my eBay App open with the same max bid just incase the PC fails, power outage, etc etc. To me the diligence is part of the pipe buying experience. It keeps it at a more personal level for me, but whatever works to get that pipe ya want to add to the collection is a good thing!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Dragon, you are a bad boy, how dare you buy pipes when tobacco is calling you. lol
I know the feeling well, I told myself not to buy any pipes except the ones I have commissioned with Rad so I can keep my focus on the cellar. But that Castello I just bought was calling me so badly I had to go for it. I actually never thought I would get it because my high bid was low. I put the bid in 4 hours before the auction ended when I normally will snipe at the end. I woke up the next day to find out I won the thing.
Now that you have scatched your PAD itch, time to focus on TAD once again, no more weak moments or it is no soup for you. :nana:

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
I broke my "no more pipes" rule on ebay last night. Got a decent deal on a Royal Guard (Stanwell Second I believe) bent bulldog on eBay last night. I stood there in front of my computer and waited for the last second. Sometimes though, when I see a pipe I like, I bid a large maximum (up to what I think I would pay) just to spend time hoping ill get outbid so I don't spend the money. :rofl:

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Well it was really a mini-PAD ;) I broke a cheap pipe so bought 2 cheap pipes, and was only bidder on each lols, really only bought the other because of combined shipping. Yeah I’m one of those last minute snipers, when I want something bad enough. So I’m keeping watch on a bunch of vintage tobacco coming up that I may take a shot at.
But my adventure down line path to my first incredibly ugly, built from a kit but highly functional prized creation is moving forward. The information, education and equipment is starting to flow. There are a couple good pipe smiths around Pittsburgh, hope to be sharing a bowl with them soon. So if I can keep from busting another cheap ass shank, my PAD will stay away...and the TADs shall flow as always. Already burnt my mid-month TAD, have to come up with a good reason for there being a 3rd week TAD. My order for next month has been loaded for a week, waiting for submit...maybe I'll hit that and really piss my wife off!
I never mind being in the dog house, been there most of my married life. It's comfortable and you know just where you are...with computers, plasma with my nice line of jars and crappy pipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.