Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Tom Provost. Tom is known on the Pipes Magazine Forums as Theediabeticman. Obviously, by his forum handle, he is a diabetic just like Brian's daughter, Samantha. Each year we do a fundraiser for the JDRF, and auction off some pipes and tobaccos. That's one tie-in for having Tom on the show. The other is that he is also a member of the YouTube Pipe Community, and recently made a long post about it, which was partly inspired by the sometimes splintered pipe cliques. As you may have guessed, if you didn't see it, the thread ended up having to be closed. We are breaking format and having Tom on for the entire show. Also, please donate anything you can for Brian's daughter here:
http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Walk/GreaterWesternCarolinasChapter4482?px=1005157&pg=personal&fr_id=6015

The irony is killing me. He posts a long post. We give his post a ton of comments and exposure. He whines about it to his very popular other youtube posters, who slams us, this forum, and each of us in an absurdly profane way. So, then Brian gives him a whole episode in which we, the members of this forum will now set down and listen to this guys, ha ha ha, after he sics the Dagner boys on us, ha haha.
I absolutely love it!!! I realize that you guys tape these shows way in advance. So, this guy knew he was going to be on the radioshow, when he had the Dagners rant off on us. Ha ha. That's makes it even better.
I'm not missing this show for ALL THE WORLD!!!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
This should be interesting... especially if someone says or sings nice things about Royal Yacht.

brianlevine

Might Stick Around
Oct 10, 2011
As an FYI, I decided a while back to have Thom on during our annual JDRF fundraiser. He sent me his post prior to putting it out and that is when I knew he would be more interesting to have on then originally thought. Now, I hope you will find that after listening to us tonight that our combined message is basically "Can't we all get along".
Either way it was fun to record with Thom and most likely will incite another riot, probably at me!

We were all getting along great. His post was getting lots of attention, four pages of posts. His was probably read more than anything that day, probably that week. Someone said that they preferred the forum over youtube, and then some came back and said, "How dare you hate youtube?" and it all went downhill from there. Ha ha.
Nah, we wont riot on ya, Brian. You are our leader. Tell us what to do!!

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
Hey Cosmic - can't always believe everything you hear on YT

YES I did know the interview was coming and left that part out. Also Yes I hoped a large YT/Forum crossover would happen. I personally benefit from numerous forms of information and would like to be able to empirically verify our hobby can be a united one...was this a sloppy step, idk but it was my attempt to see brothers who don't usually cross paths bump into each other. Also we all know in order for a video to grab ones attention tension is a key ingredient haha

I hoped a large YT/Forum crossover would happen.
Some of us gravitate towards our medium of choice for reasons. Believe it or not, some of us have interests outside of pipes and tobaccos. I know, I Know... It's hard to believe. I don't disparage youtubers... beside my wife... and my kids... and the moron watching youtube in the car in front of me that doesn't realize that the f'n light has changed!!! Besides those people, I could care less how people get their information. Except Twitter people. They suck hard!! Very hard!! I hate those prickfaced scumbags. Anyways... What was I saying? damn. Was this... uhhh. I can't wait to hear your show. It's not on Youtube is it? I hate that damn place.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Either way it was fun to record with Thom and most likely will incite another riot, probably at me!
But how do you feel about Royal Yacht, Brian?
Listen to Cosmic... he understands the power of a journey on the 'Yacht!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I look forward to the day that you do sell it. Then, you have no barriers to your enjoyment of one of the finest tobacco blends to ever grace this earth. I'm also looking forward to the radio show. Ever think of working in some death metal? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.