Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O6IMYSSs7c&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAeMeLhjswQ&feature=player_embedded
Headlines:
'Gang fight' at Black Friday sale...

Man Punched in Face Pulls Gun On Line-Cutting Shopper...

Shots fired outside WALMART...

Customers run over in parking lot...

Woman busted after throwing merchandise...

Thousands storm VICTORIA'S SECRET...

VIDEO: Insane battle over phones...

Mayhem at Nebraska mall where 9 murdered in 2007...

Shoplifter tries to mace security guards...

Men Steal Boy's Shopping Bag Outside BED, BATH & BEYOND...

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You have to go to the right side of town.
Most of my shopping has been very cordial.
But people can get really ugly just to save $20-$50. :roll:

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
Just amazing. With online shopping as good as it is why anyone would even go through that crap is beyond me.

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
I worked 2 black fridays at Wal-Mart... I refuse to shop on that day. If you have any respect for service workers or mankind in general, I suggest you do the same.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The guy talking smack in the second video is Mark Dice. He's always doing something crazy . One day he was seeing how many people he could get to sign a fake petition to repeal the first Amendment.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Spartan,during the silly season there is no right side of town. I am working the holiday season at a major chain upscale mall department store just to get out of the house. I have a renewed sense of respect for people that have to do this for a living. You are right on one point though
people can get really ugly just to save $20-$50
. It's like the zombie herd. Once the smell "bargain" is in the air no good will come of it. :crazy:

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
That guy screaming in video #2 Mark Dice is such a big fucking Douche! Lets scream obscenities at people because they are executing their right to shop at whatever time they want, let cause a spectacle and pretend the line of shoppers were unruly and drunk as he was saying to the police officer just so that he can come across as some holier than thou prick!
Apparently Mark Dice has nothing better to do... at least the shoppers are there to shop... whats he there for? to bring attention to himself?
OH and btw... I never go out on black friday... in fact most of my shopping is done on line (the little im doing :) ) now-a-days.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I never go out into that mess. I'm way too laid back to get involved in all that hubbub. If you can't find it on the internet, you don't need it!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I will admit i went out to toys r us 2 hours before the store opened with my wife. its become a ritual. we were about 90 people deep in line, got what we wanted and spent less than an hour in the store. granted to local PD and sheriffs office was there, and they had additional armed guards (i assure you though, they werent the only ones armed). we went home and went to bed and i got up today and went to best buy and got what i wanted, waited 15 minutes in line and went on my way to kohls were i got what i wanted (granted i waited an hour and 20 minutes in line). made good conversation with the people around me and went about my way. no real hassles for me to complain about, but i do REFUSE to go anywhere near a walmart on this day!! (and most other days for that matter)

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I for one am glad there are a lot of crazy people out there since I work commission. I sold 16,750 dollars worth of electronics at sears today. I'm going to have a good pay check.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I refuse to die for two bucks off a Barbie doll or the latest probably sucks anyway phone . But there is great adventure to those who do partake .

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm not a shopper (Black Friday or otherwise), but I've got no problem if that's how people want to spend their Thanksgiving nights. As for the employees, I'm willing to bet that they were informed of holiday hours when they were hired. Nobody is forcing them to work there.
The behavior of the shoppers in the first video was disturbing. But the behavior of the the narrator in the second video was even more pathetic. At least the shoppers were trying to do something; the narrator was just there to rain on someone else's parade. He sounded DESPERATE to feel superior.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I have never participated in Black Friday, and with this post I am reminded why. Well, I bought a game online last night, but that's about it.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I've been receiving a ton of email from people I've bought from about their "Black Friday". About 95% of my shopping is via the Internet. I hate shopping anytime-Black Friday or not so, I go the way of cyberspace to avoid wasting gas and crowds...especially this time of year.
I for one am glad there are a lot of crazy people out there since I work commission. I sold 16,750 dollars worth of electronics at sears today. I'm going to have a good pay check.
I've been so caught up with these radio repairs I didn't know you had landed a job at Sears. Congratulations!! I'll bet that place was and is a mad house this time of year if you're at the one at West Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.