PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
So, I was discussing with a buddy just a minute ago the impending zombie apocalypse. Which got me to wondering; are any of my fellow pipe-smokers ready for the impending zompocalypse?
And...of course, how would you deal with the fact that smoking a pipe would likely get you killed, because of the delightful aroma?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Offer them a bowl of Five Brothers and a mug of my home made Cider and watch their heads explode.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I guess then I would have to switch to latakia blends - they don't have a delightful aroma. In fact, they'd think I was one of them. :lol:

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
I'd move back up into the mountains. I can survive easily up there in Colorado, zombies left out in such cold during the winter wouldn't even be able to move because their joints would freeze together.
Hell I might even move into Northern areas of Canada. Whatever I did I'd be certain to steal a 18 wheeler and raid the local army base for guns, ammo, hunting gear if they got it and MREs, if I went to Colorado I might try to get into the mountain fort, though unless someone left the door open that wouldn't exactly be feasible. I'd also try to get a gennie and a helluva lot of gas if it could be done, but if more than a handful of people survive for it that isn't going to be particularly feasible either. If it is great, but if not I'll either find a house and rebuild anything that isn't well insulated, or just start from the ground up with a log cabin .
Colorado would probably be a better idea, its dangerous in N. Canada in the winter, where Co is just inconvenient really, and the mountains have TONS of fresh water supplies where I dunno about Canada.
Thena gain, if the zombie virus is water-borne as well I dunno what I'd do heh heh

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
C'mon now....What is this Zombie Apocalypse?....does it have anything to do with smoking Whizzing Dog?.... :?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Nah. It's when you can't smoke anything other than SG 1792 Flake. At least you'll feel like a zombie...
-Jason

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Haha well I will let you decide if I am prepared for a zombie attack....
BunkerProject.png

Sorry for the large picture!! If I ever become a very rich man, or come across a way to build this, I will!
Also if I am ever able to build my own house it will have a couple of hidden rooms and passage ways. I grew up in a house that had two hidden rooms and I have always loved being having them. Some people might say I am crazy, but when the zombies come they will be knocking on my door! :D hahaha....

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Perhaps as a kid I stayed up late way too many Friday nights watching thrillers from the 50's and 60's, 'cause for years now I've actually fancied being a zombie.

I mean,....why run around being scared to death when you can be the one dragging a foot and doing all the scaring.
So, when the apocalypse begins,(Z-day for the unaware), I think I'll just start sleeping outdoors in the hammock with a little BBQ sauce behind my ears.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I would just hope the elevator in the condo building breaks again and then they couldn't get up here.
Something to be aware of is that modern Zombies can move a lot faster than they used to.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
We now interrupt our regularly scheduled program to bring you this very important message:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVnfyradCPY

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Wow, Bubba. Those are some awesome plans! I am more of the "get out of town via back routes" kinda guy. I want to be free of the moans of the undead entirely, rather than be slowly driven mad by their incessant bitching about not getting to eat me.

hfdpipe

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2010
CT
I have a ton of canned goods, I could survive several months just on the food in my basement. 30 cans of tuna, 15 jars of peanut butter, 20 cans of tomatoes, corn, peas, kraut,goya salsa etc.

I have a rod with plenty of tackle, world band pocket radio,10 flashlights, plenty of knifes and lighters, my only issue is no firearms. I think I would pack my car and kayak and try to get out to one of the islands on the Long Island sound.

When I was a kid, I thought about what I would do if the Russians invaded my town like in Red Dawn, my plan then was to hide in the old indian caves in the woods.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
I love the plan Bubba. One problem though.... where are you going to store all your tobacco. You haven't got a room for that I see. No point in surviving the Holocaust and Zombie Hell on Earth if you can't have a smoke!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.