PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Hey Family,
As I sit here smoking my Tordenskjold Virginia Slices by Dan Tobacco (which by the way I highly recommend). I had a thought. Since all tobaccos has it's own personality/character, what tobacco(s) have you smoked in the past or recently that gave you a wow factor toward the end of your bowl? It can be the vitamin N, flavor, aroma, etc. 8O
For example, Night Cap and Royal Yacht are very high in vitamin N, but it never hits me until I get to the end of my bowl every time no matter what size bowl. In any case I love it but I find that interesting to me.
:puffy:

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I've only noticed a nic hit from Jackknife Plug and Five Brothers, and yes it was close to the end when I noticed it. I think both were smoked in a pretty standard sized billiard..group 5 I guess..I havent had either blend in a while tho

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I'm smoking through a good number of samples at the moment and I'll only keep buying tobacco that does indeed WOW me.
I've only come across a few that I love. All have been delicious solid smoking blends which I truly enjoy, but I'm seeking stuff that is truly unique and special. It's going to be a long journey.
G.L.Pease's Jackknife Plug hits the spot and has a good amount of Nic.

Penzance is unique and a great smoke.

Frog morton stuff is great.
There are a few others but each blend is very different and very special in its own right.
I need to revisit Night Cap (my first step outside of aromatics a while back, didn't like it), and Royal Yacht is still on my need to try list.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Same for me Sam. Haddo's Delight. I still remember where I was when I got a blissful zen like moment with Haddo's Delight. It's not even one of my favorites, but it was perfection.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I smoked some Erinmore flakes the other night that really seemed to taste great the whole way through. As far as nic goes there are only a few that I can even detect. Peterson's Irish Flakes comes to mind.
It's funny how sometimes the Wow factor is there and other times it's not. Even out of the same tin.

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
I got a sample of H&H Namaste and it has an intriguing flavor that wowed me. It reminded me of juniper berry wine. I also am intrigued by C&D Haunted Bookshop. Something there just grabs my attention, but I don't know what it is yet.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm with Spartan - it has to really be good "wow" factor to revisit.

When the box pass came through, I ignored a lot of stuff, revisited some old pals that I did not have on hand, and tried some new things. Only a couple really said "wow" to me - McCranie's Highland, a lovely medium Balkan. I just got 8 ounces of it. It will definitely be part of my "first pipe of the day" blend rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.