PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Just got thru cleaning up the blood in the kitchen.
About 20 minutes ago I heard a string of oaths that would make a sailor blush and I knew my wife was hurt. Sure enough she'd cut her fingers on one of those pop up lids on the cat food.
She should have stitches, but after the last visit she's not willing to go again. Thankfully it isn't even close to the last time when she had 27 internal and external stitches with the last five done without novacaine. I've cleaned and tightly bandaged her up. The smile is back on her face and to look at her you'd never know that she uttered so much as boo. Women . . .
On top of it all, it's a wild cat.

Aug 1, 2012
Still have a nasty scar that splits my fingerprint from a cat food can lid. It's a prominent scar and that's almost 20 years after I got it. Hope it heals cleanly.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Glad she is ok. That could have been a very serious cut. :puffy:

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Given the number of pet deaths from bacteria in their food and I could tell you some horror stories about euthinized and diseased pets going into the pet food process you should probably make sure it has been very well cleaned with peroxide. Tetnus is a very real issue as well with tin cuts. Hope she is feeling better soon!

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I agree with her, the friggin numbing shots in the finger hurts like hell. +1 Piper though.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
+1 Piper
Just to let you know she had her tetnus shot 5 years ago when she was cut so badly. That time an old blue canning jar exploded and cut her right wrist to the bone. Luckily she's tough and didn't faint or she would have bled out before my brother got to her. I was at work.
Then there was the time she inbedded the knife into her finger tips while cutting corned beef on St Pat's day. We had been celebrating so I'm not sure she really felt that one.
I really think I should hire someone to cook, but then she'd probably fall off a ladder or something worse.
Thanks guys for the concern.

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
Cut & Slash Resistant Gloves
91gPG9zQZML._SL1500_.jpg

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
My wife learned to sew me up when I was in the Marine Corps and has put it to good use since. Saved us HUNDREDS on doctors visits. Looks like you need to learn the skill!

Aug 14, 2012
The woman is easy and malleable compared to my wife. I just got back home from a week in the City. My wife was not here, thank goodness, or there would have been quite a battle. Everything is in a different place. Not just the furniture and such, but my personal possessions as well. All the pipe tampers are gone. I suspect she threw them out because they looked dirty. It took me an hour to find a carton of tobacco cans and cleaners. Any suggestions as to what might be done with such a woman? Murder and cutting off her hands are out.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@foggy, I empathasise. Have you considered transporting her to a parallel universe/dimension where she inhabits an (almost) identical house, in need of tidying/cleaning but where only you can travel between the two?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Everything is in a different place. Not just the furniture and such, but my personal possessions as well. All the pipe tampers are gone. I suspect she threw them out because they looked dirty. It took me an hour to find a carton of tobacco cans and cleaners.
lol ... As the song says, “I don’t believe it ... there she goes again ... she’s tidied up, and I can’t find anything!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMWGXt979yg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife has been through a lot -- a hip replacement, resultant infection, a time of stability and mobility,

return of the infection, removal of the infected hip replacement prosthesis, months with no hip but a cement

spacer and some incredible pain, rounds of antibiotics (again), and replacement of the hip prosthesis.

After the removal of prosthesis surgery, she was under heavy pain meds. I could never tell, except when it

induced sleep. When she was awake, she was always the most alert, cogent person in the room. Morphine

this was. ???? Men don't want women in combat because they don't want someone like that coming after them.
Foggy, other people are the chaos we need to create. It ain't easy, but it's the sand that makes the oyster make the pearl.

Aug 14, 2012
Well, after numerous emails back and forth I have concluded that murder is my most appealing option. I won't do it, of course, not being a murderer. I am sorry to say that a sane reasonable discussion with this woman, as Roth suggests is impossible. Once she starts the name calling it is best to just stay out of the way. Divorce would be a good solution but I am not going to do it. It would mean giving up too much to be rid of the devil.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
@foggymountain, apologies for my earlier flippant comment. I mistook your post as being a mild rant about women not appreciating our hobby - I was wrong and I now sympathise rather than empathise. I hope matters resolve themselves for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.