PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Certainly the rarest in length and having just consummated a trade it will be mine. A 9 1/2" long Cutty Morta by Chris Askwith.
9270755578_7c6a0d636e_b.jpg

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5gAkna3jI
Jealousy is kicking in for sure!

Dec 24, 2012
Hey fishbanjo I saw your PM and then saw this thread, that is a gorgeous morta. I love the lines on it. Mortas aren't easy to carve at the best of times - I am sure this one presented some unique challenges just because of the sheer size. Was just wondering if you knew how much she weighs?

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Everyone, thanks for the comments!
weezell, LMAO, thanks.
Peck, it weighs 1.76 ozs.
gwtwdbss, I traded this since I could not bring myself to smoke it. It's a thing of beauty but the capacity is overwhelming for me and would never be able to sit long enough to enjoy what it is capable of doing and it needs someone who can.
8275073101_cfc5c014e1_o.jpg

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
That cutty is wonderful! It's my favorite shape of pipe and although I'm not to found of sand blasted pipes I gotta say that was done with an experienced hand and came out beautiful! You have to tell us how it smokes!
On the other hand the pipe you traded in is not as all to my liking, I would say you definitely came out ahead. Note: it looks well made, the style simply isn't me.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Beautiful work, I will assume that the long pencil shank is very delicate. A fragile pipe like this is going to require special handling. Great trade IMO. Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.