PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
"Smoke the hell out of it"...who'da thunk it? Learn something every day here. I have one or two specimens that probably need such rites performed on them, but I'm not sure I have the courage to face down the task. Guess I'll have to pray about it.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I have a Peterson I bought new that I wish I had never bought...maybe this will fix it.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
I have a Peterson I bought new that I wish I had never bought...maybe this will fix it.
It's funny, I've had to work harder at breaking in my new Pete's than probably any other brand. I read once that another smoker used to remove the varnish from the inside of the Peterson pipe bowls (evidently this is a common "feature" of Pete's) and that this helped immensely. I tend to believe he was correct, as the taste pointed at varnish/stain being the likely culprit. The good news is that these pipes, taken from "out of the box" condition, to well smoked now smoke well!
Keep smoking them Barkar - I think you be rewarded in the end.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
I had a Pete that was the most foul tasting block of briar ever. Somewhere between valerian root and cat box. I cleaned that devil out for a month and let it rest for a year and it finally got decent enough to give away to a Pete fan. Peterson only means trouble for me and that includes the P tip. Itll burn a hole right through a spot on your tongue. They can be easily modified with a dremel in a matter of seconds. Irish banshees.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
G.L. Pease is such a treasure to the pipe community. The wealth of knowledge, and good old fashioned wisdom make him an invaluable resource to the pipe smoker. Take away the world class blending, and you still have a person whom we all benefit tremendously from knowing. His methodical, intelligent, insightful, i.e., masterful approach to everything I have seen him do is so refreshing. It's a great time to be a Tobacco enthusiast.

Status
Not open for further replies.