PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I made a purchase on ebay and having been tracking it for the past few days. It was supposed to arrive yesterday.
It originally left NJ, and then I see it skipped past VT and went to Maine. I suspected that the seller put in the wrong address, but I decided to wait. Today I see that after it traveled all the way to ME, it has now gone back to NJ! I am sure it will be another several days until it arrives to me.
:crazy:
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

2013-10-01, 12:44:00, KEARNY, NJ 07032
Processed through USPS Sort Facility

2013-09-30, 16:52:00, SCARBOROUGH, ME 04074
Processed through USPS Sort Facility

2013-09-29, 04:33:00, SCARBOROUGH, ME 04074
Depart USPS Sort Facility

2013-09-29, 00:00:00, SCARBOROUGH, ME 04074
Arrive USPS Sort Facility

2013-09-28, 01:55:00, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097
Depart USPS Sort Facility

2013-09-28, 01:36:00, KEARNY, NJ 07099
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

2013-09-27, 20:04:00, KEARNY, NJ 07099
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility

2013-09-27, 18:49:00, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07306
START: Depart USPS Sort Facility

2013-09-27, 00:00:00, KEARNY, NJ 07099

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
A person I traded tobaccos with had to send me 3 samples before one made it to me and one of the ones that "disappeared" found its way back to his doorstep a month later. It was probably returned to sender just like in my example.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I'm not sure if it was sent to the wrong address because it never said "arrived". However, I'll admit when I saw it enter ME I thought the seller screwed up. Right now I am hoping it was the PO's fault and will (with luck) sort it out and get it here.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
USPS partners with UPS & Fedex also I believe, that is why shipments route all around instead of direct USPS routes. Maybe.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I have had that happen as well. The worst instance was when a package was improperly sorted and sent to Puerto Rico for 5 days instead of coming to Florida

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Six, you were wrong in automatically blaming USPS, shame on you.
I am particularly annoyed with your thread subject and deciding to unilaterally blame the USPS when, more than likely it was the seller's fault and yes maybe even you fault.
I assume you're joking roth - but these days, who knows?! :puffy:

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Hopefully everything will work out soon. USPS gets the blame a lot , not always fair, but when as a company you screw up so many things.With no obvious care to fix anything ( aside from hiring real package delivery companies for help) It is easy to put the blame on them.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I live in a town named Mexico, Missouri. About every month or so we get a letter that has foreign postmarks and markings from the country of Mexico. And the address is correct on the envelope, including city, state, and 9 digit zipcode.
The only people I can blame in these situations is the USPS. I don't fault every person in the system, but it is definitely broke somewhere! It is especially frustrating when it is an important correspondence and the extra trip across the border adds 2 or 3 weeks to the delivery time. Funny, FedEx and UPS has never done that to me!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Easy, without knowing the real facts.
Roth, take it easy. No offense, but I have a hard time taking anyone too seriously who is that passionate about the postal service. I'll concede however that it could be a mistake on the seller's part - anything is possible!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LL6ubXD9ZjY#t=26

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I blame the USPS a lot because where I live, a lot of my mail is delivered to people other than me. I have to set up all my billing statements online because I've been sent to collections a few times for bills not reaching me at all. The last time I tried to complain to the local post office about it, they put me on hold and never came back! Also a lot of my mail comes with the words "try again" on it from annoyed residents who put it back in the box. All I can say is redkneck backwater town! I can't even use a credit card I've been trying to get for the last 3 months because no matter how many times they send it and they know the correct address, I've drilled them many times, the USPS just can't seem to deliver it! They seem to send me the ones with tracking every time, so I always ask people do that. I don't understand how the ones that don't have such poor delivery rates. I'm ready to absolutely strangle the people that work there every time I step into the building, they are loosing 25% of my mail on average. It has not always been this way, just over the last couple of years. I'm wondering if they just have a bad driver. Also packages almost always make it, the real problem seems to be letters (bills & Netflix). Maybe it's the sorter?
All the other places I've lived, I never had this issue. I just wish they had some kind of customer service that would investigate issues like this. Everyone where I live is pretty livid about it. It is not just me.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
With all due respect, Six, you should have checked the facts first, before posting this.
I stated the facts roth - the pkg never arrived. If it had the wrong address, it should have said "delivered". Those are the facts as I know them so far.
Still, not important enough to get all hot under the collar. Hell, it's my package and I'm not even that upset - lol!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
LOL Six...I thought of that same Seinfeld clip you posted...as well as this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVTX3Z8xnzk

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
how can one be so pissed at the USPS when they don't even know the source of the problem?
do you use PayPal and is your shipping information correct?

did the seller use the PayPal generated shipping label or did they roll their own?

the 'Receipt for Your Payment to xxxx" should show the shipping address it was sent to if they used the PP label.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
USPS only offers an explanation if there is tracking involved, when you report mail that is not tracked to them as lost, they just tell you it should have had tracking. The issue is no one that sends important bills will add tracking, they are always getting lost. I am starting to believe that USPS only treats mail with tracking as important. Packages seem to work better, but then they are a lot larger and there's a lot less of them. I mostly do not like their attitude how if a quarter of my untracked mail gets lost, everything is okay and reading comments made to the post office from people on my bills and Netflix all the time isn't so good. Have any of you received mail for years with "try again" on them? It's crazy. I've never been sent to debt collections but after moving here, I've been sent there several times, never even got the bills.

Aug 1, 2012
I used to run as a postal contractor before 9/11. That's part of what put me through college. I got a bit on insight into the inner workings of the postal service during that time and it became apparent that they were neither savior nor devil. I've had my packages go to the wrong address even though they were labelled correctly and I've had them go many thousands of miles out of the way before getting to me. It's equally possible that the shipper or the P.O. screwed up. Blame whomever you want or get pissed when somebody jumps to a conclusion, either way the package ain't gonna get there any sooner.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I believe my area is an extreme case Roth, never been disappointed like this by the USPS anywhere else I've lived. I'm convinced there is a problem employee somewhere down the line, I just don't know who to complain to where it will get entertained. At least my packages make it, I'd hate to not be able to trade! My main problem is the manager there just does not seem to care and has a lousy attitude about it. I've talked to a few neighbors and they are all really upset by it. I tell all my doctors, and anyone else who bills me to call if they don't get paid these days, I am tired of being sent to collections.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I know how you feel Roth, I have a background in customer service and accounting, it really annoys me when someone blames the company right off the bat for all their issues. As a result of my training and experiences I have a really hard time getting upset or blaming anyone. When it does happen, it is from something major and repetitive. Anyway, I'm done here, venting may be good for the soul, but I don't want it to upset anyone else. I always hold you in the highest regard Roth and I admire how much you held back against me, your quite a gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.