PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianbacon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2013
I'll play a little devil's advocate just because that's what I like to do.
In today's society, whether liberal or conservative, people generally don't like smoking. It is the status quo to want to ban smoking in public places and around minors. It will kill the lively hood of the hookah bar owners if we were to impose a ban, however, how is it fair that they are allowed to have a smoking establishment, but others are not?
We complain that the government meddles in our business far too much, however we tend not to complain when government gives us health care, school and law. Obviously the audience of this forum is pro tobacco use, but we are a diminishing percentage of the population. Tobacco bans are something we must brace for, because it is going to happen. The number of pipe/cigar/hookah users are far too less a number for politicians to concern themselves with.
Until then, I will enjoy my tobacco in the comforts of my own home. Me puffing in someone's "breathing" air, is just as bad as a biker on a hog with straight pipes polluting my "hearing" air. We don't have to like it, but unless we are willing to legitimately fight for our right to smoke, we must accept the truths ahead of us.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
It will kill the lively hood of the hookah bar owners if we were to impose a ban, however, how is it fair that they are allowed to have a smoking establishment, but others are not?
Bacon, in my mind we should be supportive of the hookah bar. Then argue that a pipe smoking lounge should be allowed by the same logic.
Restaurants are for eating. Bars are for drinking. So if that is their primary purpose, it is more difficult to argue that smoking should be allowed in them too.
But if a smoking lounge is opened (for hookah, cigars, or pipes), and that is its primary purpose, then it's difficult to argue that the nonsmoking public is in "danger" by the mere existence of a designated smoking lounge.

I'm hoping the hookah bars stay open.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
As the planet becomes ever more hot and crowded, radical ideologies seem ever on the upswing. The solution is to move to the margins and hone up your self sufficiency skills.

canadianbacon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2013
yaddy, I don't disagree, I'm just invoking discussion.
I would love to have a cigar/pipe lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.