The Ultimate Vanilla Pipe Tobacco?

(23 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by hobie1dog
  • Latest reply from hauntedmyst
  1. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

I am just learning about the different flavorings so bear with this newbie. I read where Captain Black White is basically a vanilla flavored product. I did do a search on here and came up with a post that showed a tin of Dan Tobacco called " Sweet Vanilla Honeydew".

So give me your input on what the pinnacle of vanilla flavored tobacco is.

Thanks

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe. Nowhere else could things be more messed up.

Does a culture based on separation and competition, of scientific sophistication and mideval religion, offer happiness even as it ravishes the Earth that sustains it?
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. admin

Kevin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Captain Black does have some vanilla taste to it, but it is sweet like marshmallows.

I reviewed it here:
    http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/captain-black-pipe-tobacco-review/

Bob did the Sweet Vanilla Honeydew review here:
    http://pipesmagazine.com/python/pipe-tobacco-reviews/dan-tobacco-sweet-vanilla-honeydew-pipe-tobacco-review/

If Bob highly recommends it, then I would give it a shot.

In the CAO Flavours line, the Bella Vanilla is very good. I've smoked it, but not reviewed it.

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

thanks for the links to the reviews...although the link at the bottom of the Honeydew takes you to a 4noggins site that is out of stock ...so it must be GOOD stuff:)

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. cortezattic

Cortez

A part of the problem since he ...

Login to Send PM

@ hobie1dog,
    That's typical of the coverage we get here at PipesMagazine.com. It's a load of information waiting to be tapped. You're probably aware of the search box on the upper right of this page; and you can also find a ton of info by clicking on the Home Page navigation bar -- the small red PipesMagazine.com tab at far left.

I find myself sitting idly on the line dividing past and future,
    as if I could kill time without injuring eternity. -- Thoreau
    Posted 4 years ago #
  5. cortezattic

Cortez

Login to Send PM

So give me your input on what the pinnacle of vanilla flavored tobacco is.

For those (of us) who are not into aromatics, try Hearth & Home's Capitol Stairs for an all natural product with a vanilla-ish taste.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. dunendain

dunendain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I prefer Peter Stokkebye French Vanilla. Good vanilla flavor, without losing the good tobak flavor.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. cortezattic

Cortez

Login to Send PM

Right Mick. IMHO, the key is to retain the tobacco flavor; otherwise smoking cased cardboard would do as well.

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. surfmac211

surfmac211

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sweet Vanilla honeydew for the time being is my favorite aromatic as of now. Great room not and great taste. Almost everyone that smell it says it smell great. Also JustForMen Longbottom leaf is good.

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. igloo

igloo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Peter Stokkebye French Vanilla for me . Funny dont much care for the regular one .

“There was an awful suspicion in my mind that I'd finally gone over the hump, and the worst thing about it was that I didn't feel tragic at all, but only weary, and sort of comfortably detached.”
    Posted 4 years ago #
  10. cortezattic

Cortez

Login to Send PM

I was looking for something else and bumped across Planta's Danish Black Vanilla Mixture, described as

A blend of twelve American and Korean Virginias selected and blended with Burley.
    The mixture ripens in a special Cavendish process and achieves its superb flavor
    through the addition of genuine Madagascar vanilla. A very tasty even burning tobacco

It sounds like an all natural blend. Does anybody have any experience with it?

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. classicgeek

classicgeek

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nope. I was just going to put my two cents in here for McClelland's bulk Vanilla Black Cavendish. It's one of my favorites thus far. I've been sampling different "flavors" in my aro's: Vanilla, Chocolate, Rum, etc. I imagine in time I will join the pursuit of the best in my favorite flavor.

Simon

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. cortezattic

Cortez

Login to Send PM

Apparently the Planta Vanilla to which I referred in my previous post is not the one that enjoys the good reputation.
    Rather, the Original Danish Black Vanilla Flake depicted here gets the high marks.

Posted 4 years ago #
  13. surfmac211

surfmac211

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

thanks for the links to the reviews...although the link at the bottom of the Honeydew takes you to a 4noggins site that is out of stock ...so it must be GOOD stuff:)

I was in the same predicament a few weeks ago. Nobody seems to have it and can't give a real answer when its going to be back. I think it might be a distributing thing. Kevin asked the guys over at smokingpipes.com and they said they should be getting some more in but I havn't seen it in still. The Briary shows they have some in but you have to place an oder over the phone and their price is a little higher. I highly recommend if you got it their or found somewhere else that has it to pick some up. Great tobacco with great flavor.

Posted 4 years ago #
  14. isteen

Steen

Login to Send PM

The only vanilla I like is the Vanilla Cream from Mac Baren.
    Not to sweet, and still taste like tobacco.

Puff on

Steen
    Posted 4 years ago #
  15. dunendain

dunendain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Steen, that sounds good. I will give that one a try, because I saw that in a local B&M.

Posted 4 years ago #
  16. jayh

jayh

Login to Send PM

I had a tin of that Planta Danish Black Vanilla back in college when I first smoked a pipe for about a month...personally I think it may have been the reason I stopped so quickly. All the guys a the local BM say it's the best, and prefer the flake not the ribbon.

Posted 4 years ago #
  17. isteen

Steen

Login to Send PM

Steen, that sounds good. I will give that one a try, because I saw that in a local B&M.

Try it. It's one of three tobaccos I always have in the house.
    The other two are Vintage Syrian and Old Fashioned

Posted 4 years ago #
  18. shotokun16

shotokun16

Login to Send PM

"In the CAO Flavours line, the Bella Vanilla is very good. I've smoked it, but not reviewed it."

when i saw this i instantly bought CAO and Gawith, Bella Vanilla from smokingpipes.com. Comes in nextweek!

Posted 4 years ago #
  19. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Since you're sending the Pipes and Tobacco magazines, I'll have your address and I'll send you back some of my Vanilla Cream to try out.

Marty

Posted 4 years ago #
  20. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

my local JR Cigar store carries the Stanwell Vanilla in tins for $6.00 each, I may give that a shot too.

Posted 4 years ago #
  21. josephpaul

josephpaul

Login to Send PM

I picked up some Boswell's Christmas Cookie because it got high marks at tobaccoreviews.com.
    Tastes like vanilla and nut. I love it and my wife likes the smell... er... "room note". I wouldn't mind trying some of the suggestions above though.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=C&TID=2953

Posted 4 years ago #
  22. bullwinkle

bullwinkle

Login to Send PM

I haven't tried as many as most of you.. but I really enjoy Peter Stokkebye's French Vanilla. I also mixed this with some PS-Nougat which I thought turned out nice.

Posted 4 years ago #
  23. hauntedmyst

hauntedmyst

Resident Comedian

Login to Send PM

Blue Note is definitely worth a try for a vanilla blend. I just picked up CAO's Bella Vanilla and Moontrance but I haven't smoked either yet.

A tattoo on a beautiful woman is like graffiti on a Ferrari.
    Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   salmonfisher, wfin73, kcvet67, rsuninv, frozenchurchwarden, purplemotoman, leacha, cobguy, metarzan, brass, layinpipe, andya27, gunslinger