PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I am just learning about the different flavorings so bear with this newbie. I read where Captain Black White is basically a vanilla flavored product. I did do a search on here and came up with a post that showed a tin of Dan Tobacco called " Sweet Vanilla Honeydew".
So give me your input on what the pinnacle of vanilla flavored tobacco is.
Thanks

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Captain Black does have some vanilla taste to it, but it is sweet like marshmallows.
I reviewed it here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/captain-black-pipe-tobacco-review/
Bob did the Sweet Vanilla Honeydew review here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/python/pipe-tobacco-reviews/dan-tobacco-sweet-vanilla-honeydew-pipe-tobacco-review/
If Bob highly recommends it, then I would give it a shot.
In the CAO Flavours line, the Bella Vanilla is very good. I've smoked it, but not reviewed it.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
thanks for the links to the reviews...although the link at the bottom of the Honeydew takes you to a 4noggins site that is out of stock ...so it must be GOOD stuff:)

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
@ hobie1dog,

That's typical of the coverage we get here at PipesMagazine.com. It's a load of information waiting to be tapped. You're probably aware of the search box on the upper right of this page; and you can also find a ton of info by clicking on the Home Page navigation bar -- the small red PipesMagazine.com tab at far left.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
So give me your input on what the pinnacle of vanilla flavored tobacco is.

For those (of us) who are not into aromatics, try Hearth & Home's Capitol Stairs for an all natural product with a vanilla-ish taste.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
I prefer Peter Stokkebye French Vanilla. Good vanilla flavor, without losing the good tobak flavor.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Sweet Vanilla honeydew for the time being is my favorite aromatic as of now. Great room not and great taste. Almost everyone that smell it says it smell great. Also JustForMen Longbottom leaf is good.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I was looking for something else and bumped across Planta's Danish Black Vanilla Mixture, described as
A blend of twelve American and Korean Virginias selected and blended with Burley.

The mixture ripens in a special Cavendish process and achieves its superb flavor

through the addition of genuine Madagascar vanilla. A very tasty even burning tobacco

It sounds like an all natural blend. Does anybody have any experience with it?

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Nope. I was just going to put my two cents in here for McClelland's bulk Vanilla Black Cavendish. It's one of my favorites thus far. I've been sampling different "flavors" in my aro's: Vanilla, Chocolate, Rum, etc. I imagine in time I will join the pursuit of the best in my favorite flavor.
Simon

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Apparently the Planta Vanilla to which I referred in my previous post is not the one that enjoys the good reputation.

Rather, the Original Danish Black Vanilla Flake depicted here gets the high marks.

PlantaVanilla.png

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
thanks for the links to the reviews...although the link at the bottom of the Honeydew takes you to a 4noggins site that is out of stock ...so it must be GOOD stuff:)

I was in the same predicament a few weeks ago. Nobody seems to have it and can't give a real answer when its going to be back. I think it might be a distributing thing. Kevin asked the guys over at smokingpipes.com and they said they should be getting some more in but I havn't seen it in still. The Briary shows they have some in but you have to place an oder over the phone and their price is a little higher. I highly recommend if you got it their or found somewhere else that has it to pick some up. Great tobacco with great flavor.

isteen

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2010
Denmark
The only vanilla I like is the Vanilla Cream from Mac Baren.

Not to sweet, and still taste like tobacco.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Steen, that sounds good. I will give that one a try, because I saw that in a local B&M.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
I had a tin of that Planta Danish Black Vanilla back in college when I first smoked a pipe for about a month...personally I think it may have been the reason I stopped so quickly. All the guys a the local BM say it's the best, and prefer the flake not the ribbon.

isteen

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2010
Denmark
Steen, that sounds good. I will give that one a try, because I saw that in a local B&M.
Try it. It's one of three tobaccos I always have in the house.

The other two are Vintage Syrian and Old Fashioned

shotokun16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
"In the CAO Flavours line, the Bella Vanilla is very good. I've smoked it, but not reviewed it."
when i saw this i instantly bought CAO and Gawith, Bella Vanilla from smokingpipes.com. Comes in nextweek!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Since you're sending the Pipes and Tobacco magazines, I'll have your address and I'll send you back some of my Vanilla Cream to try out.
Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.