PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
Got and exam towards the end of 2014. Starting the work early. What tobacco would make the perfect study companion?

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
For some inexplicable reason I find that London Mixture is the best study companion, Sutliff Field Master isn't bad either.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Gold Block, Mellow Virginia were all very common when I was at law school and popular with those who took their study seriously and avoided the common room bar and it's numerous temptations. No prizes for guessing what I smoked! You really want something that burns slowly and can be smoked in quantity without getting nicotine poisoning. Good luck with your studies chum. :puffy:

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
I would think the best cramming would be done while smoking a blend that is not distracting in any way-- neither particularly wonderful or notably dreadful. And maybe one that could be smoked a lot without ill effect. I'm voting Carter Hall.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
For me, it has to be something with a dynamic range of flavors that I can puff on for a long time without getting bored. Something rich and robust enough to keep my attention but relaxing enough that I can lose track of time. Perfect scenario for a large bowl of Black House!

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I wrote my dissertation smoking Balkan Sobranie (the original, back in 1973-4.) Also smoked (and had a standing monthly order) Our Best Blend from Smoker's Haven, which in that era, was simply relabeled Balkan Sobranie. In fact on many occasions, when I opened the tin of Our Best Blend I discovered the parchment Balkan Sobranie disk. These days Premal is valiantly trying to reestablish Our Best Blend. Let's hope/pray he succeeds.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I will pick Lane 1Q. It is easy burning, very mild and good flavor.

One thing not sure is a taste is good so may be not easy to concentrate to study.Lol

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm going with the suggestion of milder tobacco, and not too much nic, which can put you sleep. The 1Q and

CH suggestions sound excellent, and I would add Lane's LL-7 and Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge. If you need

an English blend, I'd go with a refined mile blend like Altadis Fox and Hound.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
For me it is what I am in the mood for. Lately it has been SG's Chocolate Flake or GH's Bob's Chocolate Flake. I also like PS's Bullseye flake and their Twist Flake. I like something that I can enjoy the flavor too while I am studying.

morton

May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Peterson's University Flake, "The Thinking Man's Tobacco". Dry a flake, pack by either rubbing it out or "matchstick" it with some rubbed out on top like I do, and prepare to study. An hour later, you'll be puffing on ash and wondering why your pipe went out. I'm not going to study but I think some is in order right now.

kalvort

Might Stick Around
May 18, 2013
Any straight virginia, because you don't want to focus more on the pipe than on your books!

-Lateef

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I'd say any vanilla flavored blend (so 1Q). Or Captain Black... though 1Q is far superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.