PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I think that was a record for the evening, three threads neutralized.
I don't know what I enjoy more about them: the rage the topics evoke, the sarcastic and witty responses or the countdown to thread lock.
I enjoy all aspects of a bad thread and everyone here makes a good time of it as some defend the thread, others ridicule it and the initiator, while others show up to roast it as the clock winds down to lock out.
I'll patiently wait now for responses and/or a thread lock.
Thanks everyone for making this place a good time.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I don't know what I enjoy more about them: the rage the topics evoke, the sarcastic and witty responses or the countdown to thread lock.
I enjoy all aspects of a bad thread and everyone here makes a good time of it as some defend the thread, others ridicule it and the initiator, while others show up to roast it as the clock winds down to lock out.
So very well put cmdrmcbragg and I wholeheartedly agree!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Just when you think its safe to get back into the water.

We're still on vacation, so my forum time is limited (in fact, I'm supposed to be packing the car now, evading the evil eye of my wife). I opened my Outlook to see 43 responses to one thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade. Oh-oh, that's never a good sign...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I nearly always start threads about pipes, one way or another, with a few exceptions. I've never had one

closed down ... but I have had a few that sunk like stones in less than 24 hours (I hope that isn't an

exaggeration, but they didn't last long.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Yeah, MSO, it happens. "I think this is an interesting topic, maybe others would like to converse about it."
... that hope disappears as quickly as the post does as it tumbles from the top of the forum to the PM purgatory of old threads.

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
Is this the kiss a mod's arse thread?
Y'all can have the mod job. It sucks.

except the flashy scooter bit. I would love to ride about on one for a day or two. Oh, and the suits riding a flash scooter with a silk suit on that don't quite fit. But I am a big guy so I better get a suit that fits. Big guys in suits that are too small just looks real bad. How ever one of those top hats and the little round glasses and the walking stick........Yes I would do that part but not the dealing with people on a forum part.
Flashy scooter yes sorting drama no. There.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Is this the kiss a mod's arse thread?
No ... this is the "we enjoy disintegrating bad threads" thread.
Thank you for providing the most recent one! :clap:
Also, thank you for the visual of a large man in a small suit riding a scooter ... made me smile. :mrgreen:
watch

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Keeping a board civil and populated is not an easy task. Our moderators seem to have struck the balance between being members of the community, and keepers of the public peace and dignity. Not an easy job...
Amen to that, and believe me I know after having owned and run a forum site for about six years now. I think the mod's do a great job here, and a thankless one at that.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Yeah! Another thread closed, that is four for the week.
This is not a "kiss the mod's ass" thread, @cobguy knows what it was all about: celebrating threads that implode.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, my first day back from vacation, I'm feeling right at home.
My wife is cleaning the already clean house and complaining about the mess "my bird" makes. I reminded her that shortly I'll be mowing the lawn and first picking up dog poop with what equates to a large fork. And to shut up and keep cleaning.
Welcome home...

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Love sailing when you have internet connectivity! I suspect every poor 'Mod' on this board can relate to this song!
http://youtu.be/mKV3GC0RERs

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@ssjones, should follow some of the sage advice of others in the Manliness thread and tell that woman what her place is. That'll show her.
If that fails, retreat and regroup behind a locked door.
@condorlover, I fail to see the connection between 69ing and the mod/forum agitator dynamic. Thanks for that post though, love me some Python.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@ cmdrmcbragg: Every 'Mod' probably feels like 'us' lot have sat on his face or mooned them in some way. Lord knows I have whilst hanging out here. You are excused as you are not British so our uniquely weird sense of humor can often be lost on our American cousins. I tried to explain Monty Python to my friend Andre once and his face resembled guppy fish a feeding time. Speaking of I haven't caught anything yet but I have just read they have caught two great white sharks in the area in the last month or so! 8O

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@condorlover, Brit humour (different from the American "humor") is not lost on me, I grew up watching Python, Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served.
@ssjones, my gf does not like Monty Python, and when I told her about the end of the Life of Brian she was none impressed. "That is so offensive." She isn't religious but she gets offended by stuff like that as if she is.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Hahahaha...
I was in England for a year. Used to go to the theater now and then. I remember having trouble seeing Naked Gun 33 1/3 because I was still wiping tears from my eyes, laughing so hard at the ads that played before the movie started. For beer, cologne, whatever. One was a British plane dropping skip bombs at a bridge in the dark of night. The German threw down his rifle and played soccer goalie, racing back and forth across the bridge, making outstanding plays, thwarting each attempt. Finally the pilot turned to his copilot to express how impressed he was with the German guard's goalie skills, that he deserved being looked up so he could buy him such and such beer. The copilot didn't understand, though. He apparently only spoke German. Another was just colors. A white screen eventually showed the caption, "Cow eating grass. The cow has eaten the grass and left, looking for more grass. A brown screen was a group of Franciscan nuns enjoying a brown adult beverage which was served in brown bottles, if I remember right.
Made the mistake as a kid of trying to defend the Monty Python series to my aunt. Right after I told her how cleverly incongruous and witty it was, "Char Woman" came swinging across the screen like Tarzan and began beating her huge, naked breasts, each one expanding when she beat the other, until finally one of them burst.
Um. Whoops. (Wish I had had some of our wise mods protecting me from *that* embarrassing argument. Cutting off Aunt's look of utter disdain in 5...4...3... ).
"And now, the nasty bits of a cow."

Status
Not open for further replies.