PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
tnblackwidow1-150x112.jpg

I have been meaning to write a review of my SmokingDragon cob for a month now.
A lot of life has intervened in between the time I received the pipe from (Scott)The Smoking Dragon until now.
Just one quick family thing and I’ll move on to the review: My daughter, who lives in Boulder, Colo., lost her house and possessions in the flood.
We have been dealing with that disaster for the past couple of weeks. It is worse than you can imagine.
Now for the review of my SmokingDragon Black Widow and accompanying tamper (with a magnetic head!)
It is a black and tan 5th Avenue shape with Black Widow color with just a gorgeous maroon stem.
First, you need to know that I love this pipe! After receiving it about mid-August, I took it to the beach with me for a week (this is before the waters washed away everything in Boulder, of course).
I sat with my Dragon Cob, read, smoked, read and smoked. Sat on the deck, looked up at the waves a bit, then smoked and read more.
I tossed everything I could at the cob: no rest in between smokes; aeros; Vapers; Virginias, red Virginias; English blends of various amounts of Latakia; Burleys; Vaburs; Virginias with Orientals and some stuff I made up that is (ugh! No good).
The Tennessee Black Widow Dragon Cob handled all of that with such style and grace. I am still amazed.
No, really. This is one of the best pipes that I own. It smokes and smokes and keeps on smoking.
And, oh, yes, no break-in. Right from the get-go, the Tennessee Black Widow (I call it my Roth-style Tennessee Black Widow because I first read his review of Scott’s SmokingDragon cobs), was virtually ready for action.
I can’t say enough about this pipe. If you love cobs, and I do, you need to check out the SmokingDragon on this Forum and look into his cob pipes. They are reasonable ($55 plus $5 shipping!)
They are one of a kind, smoke like no other and can handle anything you toss at them.
I highly recommend the SmokingDragon cobs.
They are very special.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Nice review TS. Very sorry to hear about your daughter's situation. Our area was flooded two years ago and we're still not fully recovered. Cost us our life savings and we still aren't done. Here's wishing you and your daughter all the best.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Thanks so much, Number Six.
My daughter told me they are financially ruined. It will be years before they are able to dig out. I am sorry you experienced the same fate. It is just awful.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Tenn I feel for your family, haveing suffered the wrath of Hurricanes I can only imagine the rush of water comeing off of Mountians, we only get a gradual rise, it's a shame we don"t do enough for our own, Big Bucks for overseas none for us. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
So sorry to hear about you daughter, Fred. Prayers with all of you.
But that is one awesome pipe. Can't go wrong with a cob, and Dragon makes them so distinctive!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
My daughter told me they are financially ruined. It will be years before they are able to dig out. I am sorry you experienced the same fate. It is just awful.
Really sorry to hear it. One thing I'll mention, we applied for every grant there was, and even acquired a couple. Helped a lot.
We were lucky in that residents here got organized and applied for every form of assistance that the Feds offered. They actually made their organization officially recognized by the gov't - which helped a lot.
Going through something like what your daughter is going through can create a type of PTSD. This means it can be tough for many to pull themselves up and begin rebuilding. We were in a state of shock - though we didn't fully realize it at the time.
If you can't be there physically, one way to help is to fill out grant applications for your daughter and/or simply find out which ones exist. There are probably FEMA centers set up that can direct you.
Good luck.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Nice review tennsmoker. I've been wanting a smoking dragon cob for a while now.
So sorry to hear about your daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.