PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Has anyone here ever tried it? A full flake of something strong, with something you find delicious (be it aromatic or just a non-aro that you find extremely palatable) in a small flat layer on top. You roll the flake up with the non flake in it, stick the round plug in your pipe, and sprinkle a little of the non flake on top if your pipe has enough room at the top (this helps to make a solid char-layer). It was an idea I got while making sushi for the missus and I a few nights ago; honestly it was pretty pleasant. I certainly wouldn't do it every time, as flakes are fantastic on their own, but if you've got a cob or little MM hardwood, and you want to try something new, this might be pretty nice.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Stop playing with your tobacco or Kevin will revoke your smoker's card. :lol:
Actually, this is a variant of the tobacco parfait, which has never worked really well for me -- taste-wise.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
But I am also Kevin. Kevin negates Kevin. And I'm getting a little cabin fever sitting around waiting to hear back on these job applications :puffy:

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I take a flake of Peter Stokkebye's LNF and LTF and twist them together and smoke it as my regular smoke. The LTF is a Virginia Cavendish and the LNF is just a VaPer, but the two compliment themselves and makes for a better smoke for me than either of the two by themself, IMO.

Damn, I gonna have to try that!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
As usual Cosmic, you enlighten us again. I think I have tried this before when someone folded a big plug and cut it up into 3-4 smaller plugs. The PS tobacco's seem to work in harmony.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I like to layer different blends in my taller pipes, but never tried it with flakes. Very intriguing.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Hmm. I have not tried this. I feel I'm still mastering the taste of each various blend I have individually...when I get a better handle on it, I'll have to try sushi rolling it!

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
I just tried taking two narrowish strips of 1792, and a strip of GH Dark Flake, and braided them together. Coiled the braid, and popped it into my pipe. Honestly, I know it seems childish, but I'm having fun, and the results are always a surprise. For example, this is burning slow and heavy smoked. It's very amusing, but nothing really beats the tried and true pack and puff method.

Status
Not open for further replies.