PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
Once upon on a time I came across two very nice looking Dunhill pipes on the world wide market place, eBay.
One a group 2, 2111 canadian in "county" finish. The other a group 3 Bruyere 83.
The petite nature of the 2111 displayed a light and friendly demeanor. While the Cumberland bit, and sandblast finish impressed a sense of rugged independence. The whole pipe might have been a KY boy like me in another life. It cried out from its listing for me to buy it, pack it full of burley and take it to the pond and pull in some bluegill.
361699279_tp.jpg

"White spot be damned, I'm a country boy, smoke me outside and polish me with spit and denim," it said...I swear it did.
The 83 in Bruyere looked more sleek than the first Italian sports car I saw when I drove past Jeff Ruby's in downtown Cincinnati. The bowls forward lean, flame grains vigor and burn, and its sharp finishing tapered bit has more urgency than a downhill skier on and icy track -- rocket up his ass. The pipe is coy, and whispers like a sexy woman, "this is how the other half lives..."
361686309_tp.jpg

It says only what needs to be said, when it needs to be said, and says it only once.
The pipes came in at roughly $160 for the pair and moderate postage for the long journey from the down under, thats right, Australia...(pro tip: always be sure you know where the hell your buying something from, its easy to check, and its just as easy to forget to do apparently.)
The odd-couple as I now call them, arrived safe and sound about 10 days after payment and like a kid on Christmas, I went in to work late just to make sure I could get to the post office first thing and sign for them. No way I was letting these things on a mail truck.
So, here I am, holding these pipes, so full of wonder and intrigue, but like all great things...reality sets in and I realize nothing is ever as perfect as I can imagine them. These pipes were filthy...absolutely filthy. If cleanliness is godliness then Jesus himself will be soon to my home to clear out these pipes like the money changers in the temple.
I've done the S/A 2x, for a period of 3 days. Two days the first time, and 1 day the second. Both times the salt was near black, or at least darker than the finish on both pipes, through and through. I'm disillusioned at this point. These pipes bowls look and smell as if they were packed with the most un-smokable of all matter and burned in daily, and then for good measure left to spoil in the sun.
I think I have no other option other than to just send these guys off to someone professional...so, this long post is really just a question. Anyone know any pro's? Anyone here a pro themselves. I'm new to this game, but I'm convinced these pipes are worth saving and can be saved. Thanks in advance!

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
You guys are freaking awesome. thanks much.
hey, phil, I couldnt help but notice that the cob-pipe in your signature is mentioned on that site as something you suggested. Its awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.